Chapter 45

I woke to sunshine shinning in the room. I stretched and yawned. My neck hurt a bit form sleeping in the chair all last night, but I didn't care one bit. I then shivered as the wind blew in from the window and sat up properly, grabbing the jacket that was on me closer to me and then noticed the nurse opening the window. She looked at me apologetically and smiled. "Sorry" she then said to me.

She was one of the young nurses I've seen around here. She was tall, thin and curvy. Her hair was brown, with highlights of bronze throughout it and it was pulled up into a ponytail, with her fringe left out, falling just above her eyebrows. She was tanned, with dimples when she smiled too and had brown eyes.

"How's he doing?" I asked her.

"Honestly" she said to me and I nodded. "Well he's doing fine, but there hasn't been much progress, that same since he's been here." She told me and then she smiled one last time and left the room.

It wasn't until she was gone that I noticed I wasn't wearing this jacket at all yesterday. I looked down and saw it as a black leather jacket, aka Damon Salvatore's jacket. He must have put it on me when I was sleeping or something, because I do not remember him being near me. I sighed a frustrated sigh. I had told him not to come near me and this had just got me more upset with him, couldn't he at least do one thing I said.

I was going to take it off, but the wind blew in more and made me shiver. So I hugged it closer to me. I then got a waft of the smell of it. It smelt just like Damon. It was comforting and calming. It was way too big for me, at least two times the size, but it kept me comfy.

I was always quiet small. I only reached up to Damon's lips, he's soft, luscious lips. Standing right in front of me that's all I could see and then he would lift my chin up so I could see his eyes. He would look up and he would look down at me. I missed that, I really did, but I don't even know why I am even thinking about it. I'm meant to be mad at him, I mean I still am, but right now thinking of him is helping me feel better.

I had to distract myself though. I then shook Damon off my mind and moved the chair closer to Dad. I held his hand in both my hands and closed my eyes.

"Just get better, get better daddy, for me" I whispered and then opened my eyes. I placed his hand back down and heard a knock at the door.

I turned around and saw Jeremy at the door. I then gave him a short smile and he came in. "I thought I might find you here" he said standing at the end of Dad's bed.

"Were you here all night Lex?" he asked me and I just nodded. "Well Elena's outside and she wants to talk to you" he told me. "Do you want to talk to her or not?" he then asked me.

"Sure" I said rolling my eyes and then Jeremy left the room. "Alexis" she whispered knocking lightly on the door and then came in.

"I wanted to say that I'm...." she begun and then narrowed her eyes down at me. "I thought you were heartbroken by Damon" she stated with an arched eyebrow and a hand on her hip.

"I am" I told her and narrowed my eyebrows too. "Well then perhaps you would like to inform me on why you are wearing his jacket then" she said to me.

"I woke up with it on" I said to her. "Geez sue me Elena, it's not like I even saw him or talked with him. I woke up and it was on me and right now I am meant to be mad at him, but he is comforting me more than you are" I said storming out.

3rd Person POV:

Jeremy and Stefan watched as Alexis came storming out of the room and then turned to see Elena coming out. "What did you do now" Jeremy said frustrated. "I didn't mean to make her upset and I didn't mean to snap at her" Elena told them.

I Love You - A Damon Salvatore Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara