Chapter 3

Chapter 3 -

As I fell into my deep sleep, I begun to dream again. It was very similar to my dream before, but this time there was a face on that mystery guy and it was DAMON. We were still in the woods, and I could hear Elena screaming and yelling running to me, and when I turn back to Damon our eyes locked just as they did today. Elena’s voice had gotten louder and louder by the minute as me and Damon stared into each other’s gaze. Then I felt a tug at my arm and I turn to see Elena.

I then wake up with sweat pouring down face and look over at the clock and read that’s it’s 7pm. 8 hours of sleep straight, you’ve gotta be kidding me I thought to myself. As I got up from my bed, I stood on my sprained ankle -not realising that I still had a sprained ankle- and the pain the pain struck making me fall back on my bed as I winced at it and then I saw the huge black crow still sitting on my window still.

This time I got up very carefully and went over and opened my window knowing it was Damon.

“Hi there little birdie” I said patting the top of its head and it just looked at me with its head on the side like I’m crazy and I let out a small smile and walked away.

----- 4 days later----

It was now time to start for school, and a new school in fact. My ankle was all better now and I was able to go to school. I was excited, anxious and nervous all at the same time. I was ready and dressed early than I usually would be and just like me Chris was dressed and ready early too. I then went down stairs and waited for Chris.

“So are we taking my car or yours?” I asked Chris standing up.

“Obviously mine” he said with a sarcastic voice. We then locked up the house and hoped in the car and left, but as we were pulling out of the drive way I saw the huge crow again flying away from my window. Dad had already left for work, but he said he would be back before dinner and that if he wasn’t don’t wait up.

We were now in the car park of the school and because we were so early there wasn’t anyone there really. As we got out of the car, we got a few stares, ones at the car and ones at us. We then headed towards the office and while we were walking Chris got a few comments from girls and a got a few whistles from boys. I completely ignored them, but Chris gave them a couple of glares being the protective older brother he is.

We got to the office and went and got our timetables and whatever it was that we needed to get.

“Hi, we’re here to collect our timetable and stuff” Chris said.

“And you are?” the lady said. “Chris and Alexis Gilbert” he answered.

“Here you go and if there’s anything you need just come right back here okay” the lady said looking at both of us heading the sheets to Chris and I. We then headed back outside and sat at some tables.

“So what do you have today?” Chris asked me sitting down.

“Um, English, History, Spanish and Trig” I said looking at my timetable.

“You?” I asked looking up at him.

“Calculus, Gym, French and Science” he said in reply and then Elena and this guy came up to us.

“Hey Elena” I said to her cheerfully.

“Hey Alexis, hey Chris” she said. “Hey” Chris said to her.

“I would like you to meet my boyfriend Stefan “ she said pointing to the guy next to her.

“Hi” I said shaking his hand.

“I’ve heard A LOT about you” I said and then looked over to Elena who had risen her eye brow.

“Same here” he said with a smile and then shook hands with too.

“Well I’ve got to get going” I said getting up. “K, see you at lunch” Elena said and then I left.

As I walked into the building, I got a lot more stares. Even though I wanted a fresh new start, I really didn’t want to be stared and talked about for a week or two. A week or two that’s all I have to live through and then who knows what might happen than. I then went over to my locker and put my stuff away and then made my way to English. I got lost, which made me late and all the class was there seated too.

“Everyone this is Alexis Gilbert, please make her feel welcome” the teacher said and pointed me to a seat.

As I went and sat down I heard a few comments that people made, but blocked them out. I sat down and the teacher begun the lesson. Within 10 minutes of the class I heard a loud gawking sound by the window. I turned to look to see what it was and it was the huge black crow also known as Damon Salvatore. He just sat on the window and stared at me, which made me laugh a little.

Why would Damon Salvatore possibly be following me? I thought, Does my blood really smell that good?. I know I should be scared of him and everything, but I can’t help but make fun of all of this. After all he had a chance to hurt me and he didn’t. But that still doesn’t make any excuse for him, no one gives my cousin and her boyfriend hell.

He then flew away just before the bell rang. I got up but then tripped over my feet in the process causing my books to fall everywhere. As I bent down to pick them up, someone came to help.

“Hey, let me help” the guy said picking up my stuff.

“Thanks” I said as he handed them to me.

“I’m Tyler, by the way” he said holding out his hand to shake.

“Hi, I’m Alexis” I said shaking his hand. “Sorry, but I have to be somewhere right now”.

“Oh, well see ya around” he said and then I left saying “yeah see ya around”.

I then went and met up with Elena and Stefan. When I went over to her she was standing with a bunch of other people.

“Hey Elena” I said walking over to her.

“Hey Alexis. I would like you to meet my friends. This is Bonnie, and Matt.” He said pointing to each of them as I sat down.

“It’s nice to meet you guys” I said sitting next to Elena.

We talked throughout lunch and Bonnie was growing on me, I kinda knew we would hit it off. Matt was quite, but Elena said he was usually like that and every time I looked over to Caroline, I swear she was glaring at me. So I don’t think she likes me very much. Lunch ended and we went off to our next classes. I had history with Bonnie, Elena and Stefan. During this class Damon didn’t show up, but I was guessing he was staying away from Stefan.

The day went by quick and we were now going home. I was walking over to Chris and all I could see is was at least 3 or 4 girls surrounding him already. When I got up to the car they walked away and then I heard my name being shouted. I turned to see Bonnie.

“Hey, ah Alexis, I-I umm, just came, t-to... see if” Bonnie was saying, but her whole focus was on Chris.

“You came to see if what?” I asked snapping her out of her stare.

“Sorry, um I came to see if you are going try out tomorrow for the cheer squad?” she asked completely focused.

“I dunno” I said unsure. “Come on you have to. Please!” she said with a pout.

“Fine” I said giving in. “Oh and this is my brother Chris” I said introducing them. “Chris this is Bonnie”.

“Hi” Bonnie said flirty shaking his hand and then Chris actually blushed and let out a smile.

“Hey, Bonnie are there gonna be football try outs” I asked.

“Oh yeah, of course. I mean our team sucks, until Stefan came and made it better but the rest of the team isn’t that good really, only Matt too. Tyler’s okay, but I mean he’s okay but him compared to Stefan. I mean please” she said going on. “Anyways why do you ask?” she said after that.

“Well I was thinking that maybe Chris could try out. He’s a really good athlete and football player” I said.

“Well we could use more guys. Anyways I gotta go bye Alexis, bye Chris” she said and then left. We then got in the car and left.