Chapter 68

"Stefan had another ran in yesterday with someone in the woods. It was a vampire."

Damon walked into our temporary room now, plopping down beside me, but not making any eye contact just yet, instead staring at the blank wall before him.

"He's fine though right" I asked worried.

"Of course he is. Was a rookie vampire but they'll only get stronger in time. Which means we have to think fast for the long run" he began saying.

"You're at least one month but we can't be certain of anything until you're first trimester and who's to say that will even be the case seeing how it's half vampire and we don't even know the hell what's actually going on."

"She or he. Not it" I said firmly.

"Not to mention once they figure out you're not even in Mystic Falls they'll be heading their way out here as well."

"Vampires cannot get in but witches and werewolves can. Who knows who will be dead when they do. We all know how much witches are against vampires and ones growing inside you know ready to make havoc" Damon continued ranting on now, ignoring what I had said.

"Sounds like you're so happy to become a father" I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm stating the obvious-"

"Negatively. How about you try something positive with this outcome hey" I shot back.

"Like I don't know. That your girlfriend who you supposedly love and adore is having your baby.. That's she beginning to feel content with her life because the one thing she wanted most couldn't happen and now is."

My voice rose as I spoke, anger filling me, yet Damon still made no eye contact with me what so ever which only enraged me even more now.

"Let's not get into this right now. Alaric and I have more research to do" he said rising from the bed.

"Don't walk away Damon. You can't just rile me up and leave. This is important" I yelled.

"And so is finding out what could happen to you. For all we know you or the baby could die. So let me do what I have to do."

He finally faced me now, his jaw tensing as he finished speaking. His look was hard and voice blunt and firm.. And I could tell that he was annoyed and bothered, but not sure why.. Everything seemed to be good and for some reason Damon had found the negative from it all and for once I couldn't even tell why he was acting the way he is.. Way he was so enraged..

But I was too overworked and emotional to back down to him yet.

"Fine go. It only shows you don't care" I stood up from the bed, my arms folded over my chest as I stared him down, anger throughout my eyes.

"It actually shows that I do care."

"Do you even care about our baby?" I questioned him.

"Alexis let's not get into it right now" he said back. "I've got things to do, I'll come check on you in an hour or so? Unless you want to join?" he then asked me.

"And be around you? No thanks" I scoffed, pushing past him and exiting the room.

***

3rd POV:

"Alexis called, said she got into a fight with Damon" Elena said hoping off the phone.

"What over?" Bonnie asked.

"She wasn't sure what it was over, but it had to do with the baby, him thinking negative and avoiding her talks she wants" she answered.

"So I'm not the only one who feels Damon isn't so happy about this pregnancy like the rest of us then" Bonnie stated.

"He's confused" Stefan stated wiping the blood of his shirt.

"Confused or not, he should know not to work Alexis up, we all do. She's pregnant, her hormones are going to go crazy. He needs to get a grip on himself and chill out" Bonnie said back firmly.

"She's going to be locked away with two males who are going to be so focused on trying to figure out what's going on with her pregnancy and protecting her that she'll have no love or affection shown towards her.. She's going to go crazy" she continued saying.

"She'll need us" Elena commented herself.

"But she can't have you right now. You need to wait it out as well. She'll be fine.. It's Alexis we are talking about" Stefan tried reassuring.

"Well then we best make us of these next couple of months. Nothing's ready and when she comes back, everything needs to be ready for her" Bonnie said jumping up to her feet.

"Baby shopping?" Elena smiled at her.

"Baby shopping" Bonnie winked back.

"We don't even know the sex" Stefan commented.

"We can stick to neutral colours for now" Elena called out walking towards Stefan. "Come on, it'll be fun and we all could use a break.. After you getting attacked today" she huffed out small.

"It's just nice to a positive out come of it all. We're going to have a niece or nephew on the way.. Something that is one in a million, something we can't have.. So let's take advantage of coming close to what we could have" Elena smiled warmly.

"You're right. Let's take advantage" Stefan smiled back, leaning down as he kissed her passionately.

***

"You hungry?" Alaric said walking into the living room to Alexis.

"Bored.. Thirsty.." Alexis trailed off with a sigh.

"Neither of them Damon wants to fulfil."

"He's coming around to the thirst. That's why he sent me in here, with a welcoming gift" Alaric said handing Alexis a small cup.

Alexis took the cup from Alaric's hands with furrowed brows, a small smile playing at her lips as she looked down into the dark red liquid. "He really is?" she questioned.

"Just doesn't want to see you drinking it yet, but knows that not only do you need and want the blood, but the baby needs it to survive" he confirmed. "Give him time."

"I'm trying.. But I can try a little harder now" she said flattening out a smile.

Alexis lifted the cup up to her nose and let the sniffed in the smell of the blood. The hunger for it increased and she could taste the bitter taste lingering on her lips now.. She was more than grateful that Damon was slightly coming around in his own way and it made the argument they had earlier a lot less stressful for her.

She moved the cup to her lips and tilted it up, downing the thick liquid with two gulps before handing the cup back over to Alaric now.

"Finished already" he nodded taking it from her hands.

"I'll note down that your hunger for blood will increase."

"Is that a bad thing?" she asked.

"You're not a vampire, so no.. But means we'll have a lot more blood bags to store."

"Can I come with you the next trip you'll be making to town? I don't want to be locked away in her forever and it would be nice picking out things for myself" Alexis stated as Alaric began exiting the room.

"You'll have to ask Damon" Alaric smiled weakly.

"She can" Alexis heard Damon call out.

"Is he not talking to me face to face?" she asked frowning small.

"I'm just busy" he called out once more.

"Doing what?" she snapped back.

"Stuff."

"Whatever. Just wake make sure you don't leave without me place Alaric. I'm going insane already in here" she huffed.

"I promise I won't" Alaric smiled back.