Chapter 54

We then pulled up outside of Elena's house and then Jeremy helped me with my bags and just as we got to the porch, Elena opened the door. She then put her keys down and helped me with my stuff. She didn't ask any questions at all, which was a relieve. As we got to her room, she then turned to me to speak, but I spoke before her.

"Stefan told you didn't he?" I questioned. "No, but I was just on my way over there" she told me. "But mind filling me in" she then asked.

"I met Damon's new friend" I said using quotation marks with my fingers. "So are you upset or angry with the fact that Damon has a new friend" she then asked.

"It has nothing to do with the fact that he's seeing someone else, it's just him in general. He's like moody. Every single time he would change his mind in what he wants and it annoys me. I mean one, he's meant to be protecting me and two I would have had to slept in that bed that he would do how knows what with Ashley in" I then said.

"Hang on, Ashley" Elena then said. "Damon's friend" I told her. "Okay, I know he's meant to be protecting me Elena, because I heard you and Stefan talking about it. But what I don't get is, if he is meant to, then why bring a vampire near me" I then said. "Wait he brought a vampire near you" she then stated.

"Elena, I'm afraid what she might do" I then admitted to her. "She whispered in my ear that she was a vampire and then said she wanted Damon and Damon didn't do anything about it" I said.

"What if she came to the house tonight?" I then asked her. "If she did, then Stefan would have protected you, but I'm glad you're here" she said hugging me.

"Okay anyway Alexis, enough about Damon and Ashley, Stefan will handle that" Elena said to me. "See Prom's only in a month and I am not leaving this event to last minute" she said to me.

"Well before anything, I have to get back to school and catch up on everything" I said to her. "Don't worry about that, they will understand and plus Alaric will take care of all of that" she told me.

"I don't know Elena" I said to her. "Oh, come one Alexis, this is our senior year and you've been talking about prom, since last year. Don't let things get in your way because of Damon" she said to me.

"Look, I'll think about it. First let me get back on track and then I'll decide" I said to her. "Okay, then" she then said to me.

"Oh and Stefan's coming over for dinner" she said and then left.

----{ }----

I was in the lounge room with Jeremy, when there was a knock at the door. I expected it to be Stefan, so when I saw him I wasn't shocked, but when I saw who was behind him I got mixed emotions, angry, Mad, Upset and frustrated. I then gave Stefan a warm smile and moved past to let him in and then quickly shut the door on Damon and walked back over to Jeremy.

"That was very rude of you" he said walking in behind me. "Why are you here?" I asked sitting down. "Family dinner" he stated and sat down himself.

"Well, Aunt Jenna and Alaric aren't here, so you can leave" I told him. "Plus, no-one invited you" I then added.

"Why are you so angry at me Alexis?" he asked with a grin. "Really Damon" I said with an arched eyebrow and then he came and sat on the other side of me.

"Is someone jealous" he said to me, but I didn't answer him. "Dinner's ready" Elena said from the other room and I got up with Jeremy and went to the other room. I then sat at the table next to Jeremy, whilst Stefan and Elena sat across from us and Damon at the head of the table.

"Elena who invited Damon" I asked sitting down. "Stefan" she then turned to ask. "Himself" Stefan answered sitting down.

"Don't be so rude, other people would love to have me as a guest" Damon said and I just rolled my eyes. "Well why don't you go to those other people" I shot back to him.

"She's, getting a feed" he said to me with a smirk. "Are you serious right now" I asked him. "How can you just sit there and gloat about how your new girlfriend is a vampire" I said.

"And why the hell did you bring her near me. You were the one who was meant to be protecting me, making sure no vampires would harm me and yet you bring one near me. What if something happened to me, what if I accidently bleed and she attacked me?" I shouted at him standing up.

"So shove it in my face once more Damon. Go on, tell me all about Ashley, because the next time I see her, I'll probably be her next meal." I said and then left.

3rd Person POV:

"I'll go check on her" Jeremy said getting up.

"What the hell Damon" Elena said to him. "What, I can't help that Alexis gets jealous" he said back to her. "She's not jealous, she's scared" Elena said to him. "Elena, Ashley is an old friend of Damon's" Stefan begun telling her. "So she's like Lexi to you" she then stated. "Yes, but with benefits" he then said looking over at Damon.

"I was only trying to make Alexis jealous, that's it" Damon said. "So you decided to do that with a vampire that is basically threatening Lex" Elena stated. "She wouldn't hurt her" Damon said. "Sure she won't" Elena said and then continued. "So where's she staying?" Elena then asked looking back and forth between Damon and Stefan. "At our house" Stefan answered her and then Elena shot Damon a look.

"Where?" Elena then asked. "Probably on the couch" Damon said sitting back in the chair. "She can sleep with you Damon, Alexis is staying here now" Elena then said and Damon was about to speak until Jeremy came in the room. "Elena, she's gone somewhere" he said to them and then Elena stood up. "She's probably went for a walk" Elena said and then headed out the door.

Alexis's POV:

I stormed out of the house before anyone could stop me. It wasn't a bad night, it was quite pretty and the stars were shining brightly in the sky, but it was very cold and the wind was blowing softly. I rubbed my arms for some sort of warmth and keep walking. I turned the corner when someone appeared out of nowhere and held me in the air, by my throat.

"Why hello Alexis" she said to me, gripping my throat tightly and then loosed her grip and set me on the ground. "Now I just wanted to let you know that if you get in my way, I will kill you with no hesitation what so ever" she said now gripping the back of my neck. "I plan on getting Damon, which means you ought to be out of the way. So try anything and you'll be my little snack" she then said.

"I am one of Damon's oldest friends and plan on not being that for much longer. So I'll warn you once more" she said baring her fangs. "Damon is mine." She then skimmed her fangs along my neck. "I would love for a little taste right now" she said about to pierce my skin, "But your family's coming" she said removing her mouth away from my neck.

"Also, tell them about this and you're dead" she said holding me back in the air and pushed me to the ground. I then fell on my palms and knees and started breathing heavily for air. I then heard footsteps and lifted my head to see Elena and Jeremy help me up.

"Are you okay Alexis?" she asked me. "Yeah I'm fine, I just fell over" I said catching the last bit of my breath back. "Come on, let's go home" she said to me. "Damon needs to talk to you" she then said and we then left. After we got back, I walked into the lounge room and Damon and Stefan were sitting in there waiting for us.

Stefan then gave Damon a nudge forward and Damon stepped in front of me. "Alexis, I'm sorry that I've been putting you through hell, I really am" he said to me and then I looked around to notice that everyone was gone. "Damon you heard what she said yesterday to me" I told him. "Alexis, it's just Ashley joking around that's all" he told me.

"Well it scared the hell out of me. You know what's been happening to me and she's not making anything better for me" I said to him. "Ashley is one of my friends and the only one that has actually stayed a friend Alexis" he said to me. "What are you trying to tell me Damon?" I asked.

"That even though she is my true friend, I would never let anything happen to you" he said looking into me. "Damon, we can't be friends anymore" I told him looking away. "I didn't want to be friends anyway" he said turning me head towards him. "I mean it Damon it's too hard trying to be friends. So for now on, just stay away from me, it's for the best" I said and then walked away from him.