Chapter 38

As I sat there crying, I decided not to keep crying. I forced back my tears. I shot up and went down stairs. I wiped my eyes as I got to the bottom of the stairs and saw Damon standing at the door, all up in Stefan's face. "Alexis, tell Stefan that I can come in" he said to me.

Seriously! How can he. How can he just come over to my house and act like nothing happened. I mean he had a full on make out session with Katherine and did who knows what after I left and then the next day he just comes over to my house like he did nothing.

I stood the stunned and speechless. Damon then noticed my hand and shoved past Stefan and came towards me. "Alexis, what did you do?" he asked me.

I just stared up at him. I then looked over Damon's shoulder and saw Elena and Jeremy walk in. Elena stood next to Stefan who was leaning up against the wall and looked at him confused and then back at me.

"Alexis, what happened to you hand?" Damon then asked, wrapping his arms around my waist. He looked down at me puzzled and then my anger started to rise in me.

I squirmed out of his hold and then spoke fiercely. "What happened to my hand" I stated tears building up in my eyes. "Um let me fill you in" I told him.

"Last night I came home and balled my eyes out. I woke up this morning and punched the mirror because I didn't like what I saw, I throw and smashed all my stuff because I was frustrated with myself" I yelled at him.

Elena looked concerned as did Stefan and Jeremy. "Why did you punch the mirror?" I heard Elena ask me. "Why were you crying last night?" she then asked me.

"What did you do Damon" Stefan said sternly towards him. "Why did you think I did something. I would never hurt Alexis, I wouldn't make her cry" he said back.

"Last night, Jeremy and Alexis went over to you. After I went back to Elena's, Alexis went to you" Stefan informed him, and then it looked like Damon then figured it out.

"Oh I forgot to mention something. The reason why I was crying is because I saw you. I saw you with her!" I said angrily. "Alexis" Damon then said taking a step towards me.

"No! Don't come anywhere near me. I saw you with Katherine. I saw you kissing her and all of it. How could you even come over here to me, after you did who knows what with her" I said strictly to him.

Tears kept rushing out and I started to lose my stance. I stumbled forwards and then Elena and Jeremy were next to me. Elena held me in her arms once again and Jeremy was in front of me as Damon tried to come closer to me.

"Alexis please" Damon said to me, but I just turned my head away from him in response. "Damon just leave" I heard Stefan say. "Don't tell me what to do!" Damon yelled at Stefan.

"Damon, you already caused enough trouble here. Just leave" Stefan said more sternly this time, but Damon chose to ignore him. "Alexis" he said and I turned to met his face. "Damon, leave" I heard someone say.

This time it was not Stefan. It was Jeremy. "I'll leave if Alexis wants me to" Damon said looking me straight in the eyes.

A part of me didn't want him to go, but a bigger part of me wanted him out of my life. I just wanted him to stay and sooth me. To repair the heart ache he caused, to say the three words I want to hear so badly, but knew I would never. I hesitated at first and said nothing. I was to wrecked to really speak at this point anyway. I then turned my head away from him.

"Damon, just go. Obviously she doesn't want you here" I heard Jeremy say, followed by the door closing. I sighed heavily as Elena took me over to the couch.

I stopped crying by now and she wrapped a blanket around me, for comfort. Stefan and Jeremy were somewhere in the house. I didn't know where, but I was guessing they were cleaning my room up.

"Don't tell Chris, or Bonnie. Matter of fact don't tell anyone" I said laying against Elena. "Just don't say anything until goes. I don't want him worrying over me. He's leaving soon and we just got him to go, I don't want to give him a reason to stay" I said afterwards.

"I promise Lex" Elena said wrapping her arms around me into a hug. "Don't worry Lex, just forget about him. Just...." Elena said trying to find the right words.

"I'll try Elena, but you and I both know that I won't be able to. I was in love with him, you knew, I knew and he knew it" I told her.

"Your room's all cleaned up" Stefan said coming down the stairs, following by Jeremy. "Thanks" I said getting up. "I think I might go to bed" I said walking to the stairs.

"Alexis, it's two in the afternoon" Elena told me. "I know, but I'm tired" I said and walked up to my room leaving them downstairs.

Elena's POV:

I watched as Alexis went upstairs. I was seriously going to kill Damon. How could he do that to her. I mean Alexis didn't deserve that one bit at all. My anger started to build up inside of me. I did not like one bit of someone hurting my cousin. Oh hell, he is going to get an ear full from me.

"Jeremy, you stay here and keep an eye on Alexis and don't tell Chris or anyone what happened. Alexis doesn't want that happening" I ordered Jeremy. "Stefan you can take me back to yours and here's my keys Jer. Just in case I don't come back" I said and gave him the keys.

"Come on, let's go" I said to Stefan and then we left.

As soon as we pulled up at Stefan's house, I got straight out and went storming in. Damon pouring himself a drink when I went up to him. "You bastard!" I screamed at him, but he just rolled his eyes and went over to the couch, me following him.

"How could you do that to her? How could you break her heart like that!" I screeched. "You make me sick. What would have happened if she didn't catch you last night?" I questioned.

"Were you going to go straight back to her" I stated to him. "Oh just shut up Elena" he told me. "This has nothing to do with you. So stay out of it" he said getting up.

"Oh hell, this has everything to do with me. You broke my cousin's heart, kissing someone who looks exactly like me!!" I yelled even louder.

"Yet, you aren't involved in any way" he said giving me a grin.

"I let Alexis be with you because I thought you made her happy, but I was wrong. I should have just made sure she stayed away from you, cause then you wouldn't have hurt her" I told him and he just rolled his eyes.

"You really don't get it do you?" I stated to him. "She loved you Damon. You were her first love. She was head over heels for you and you don't even care" I followed with.

"I don't get it Elena!" he said. "If I don't get it, then why am I feeling what I felt for Katherine all over again. I know Alexis loved me, and I feel the same why about her too" he shot back.

"Well if you loved Alexis, you wouldn't have gone kissing Katherine" I told him.

I then felt hands, on my shoulders and immediately knew it was Stefan. "Why is Katherine back Damon?" Stefan questioned him.

"I don't know. All she said was 'I'll be back soon, paying you a little visit' and then she said 'one last goodbye kiss' and started kissing me" he said.

"And what you didn't pull away from her?" I asked him. "Elena when you are in love with someone for over 145 years, then you can talk" he told me.

"Are you still in love with her??" I asked him. "No, not anymore" he said. "Well then you shouldn't have kissed her" I told him.

"Stefan, get your little girlfriend away from me, before she becomes my afternoon snack" Damon said aloud.

"Elena come on, let's go" Stefan said taking my hand in his, going away from Damon.