"I don't care how you got here and I definitely don't care about your pointless apology." Hiccup replied with a harsh tone in his voice, he had his eyes narrowed dangerously at Erland who was clenching his fist and looked like he was going to burst with anger.

In all honesty, from the looks of it, you were expecting another fight to start between the two of them. All the glaring and the thick tension that was increasing with each passing second made it easy to believe that one of them would strike soon. Surprisingly though, Erland seemed to act on a whim and calmed down.

"What will it take for you to forgive me then?" Erland asked tiredly with a sigh.

"If you go away." Hiccup replied instantly like he has been waiting for this question for ages. Vexation found its way back to Erland's face and there was no doubt that if this conversation continues, it will turn into an argument very quickly. So you decided to step in before things escalate to a more serious degree.

"Hiccup, just give him a chance..." You said, curling your arms around his hand in a reassuring manner and then pursed your lips when Hiccup's cold stare was turned to you.

He was ready to deny but then you added a supplicate 'please' and it made him consider his answer. For a while Hiccup's eyes darted from you to Erland as he debated what to to and it looked like he wasn't going to accept, but then he sighed and finally replied. "Okay, fine."

When he said that, a small smile appeared on your lips, but then it faded when Hiccup continued speaking.

"Even though you were the one that said you wanted nothing to do with him." Hiccup said and crossed his arms leaving you short of words and for that you only remained silent about his comment because it was true.

"So uh, thanks for the gift Erland, I'm sure Hiccup would find a good use for it." You changed the theme by taking the axe from Erland's hand, hoping that this would distract him from Hiccup's statement.

"Yeah, in the trash." Hiccup murmured a remark and you shoved his side, shooting him a pointed look.
Hiccup didn't even care he only looked back at Erland with a serious face.

"What's the real reason you're here?" Hiccup questioned, squinting his eyes at the sandy coloured boy who only rolled his eyes in response.

"I already told you Hiccup, I came to apologize for hitting you that day..." Erland awkwardly trailed off. "I just lost my control and acted on impulse, I'm very sorry."

You were in dilemma at what to think about that, whether to trust him or not. Hiccup, on the other hand, didn't seem to put much thought and nodded in response. "Sure, I forgive you."

When he said that, you were genuinely surprised and Erland seemed to be as well, his eyebrows arched up after hearing Hiccup's seemingly earnestly response, but they fell back when Hiccup added another comment. "Now leave."

And that was enough to convince Erland and you that his reply was nothing more than a feigned one.

"If that's what you want so bad...I guess I'll just walk back to the island on foot, maybe die if the ice breaks..." Erland sighed sadly as he took slow steps away. But even if you weren't in good terms with him, you still didn't want him to get frozen out there so you called out for him.

"Erland wait. I'll give you a lift." You said and watched as Hiccup snapped his head in your direction.

"What? He's obviously trying to get you to pity him so he can use you." Hiccup narrowed his eyes at you, but you waved him off and whistled for Crystal. There was a burst in the distance and all of you watched the two dragons coming out of the stables and running towards you. When they arrived you watched as Hiccup's eyes traveled from you to Erland with a cautious look.