Strawberry Milk ; HWANG HYUNJIN part 4

Strawberry Milk.

Member; Hwang Hyunjin
Genre; happy, cute, romance *hint of dark*
Request? ; Anni_Kookie

;;;;; 4/4 ; FINALE. *sorry for spelling mistakes*

It had been months since you'd seen Hyunjin, you don't even see him passing by quickly to get to the hospital. You always waited for hours and hours but no sign of him. You even went around asking and staring into car windows for him.

You had finally given up on trying to find him. You sat outside sipping away at your strawberry milk, you opened the yellow lollipop and stared at it. You threw it into the bin, well attempted to and missed. You opened up the packet of cigarettes, you felt yourself going back to the way things used to be.

'Excuse me?' You didn't even attempt to look up, you didn't care who it was anymore. You hummed in response and waited for whoever it was to talk.
'Don't smoke while I'm gone, didn't I say?' Your heart stopped and you looked up at Hyunjin who seemed paler and sadder than usual.

'You can't just walk back here and expect me to think that you haven't been absent for months on end.' You  attempted to inhale the cigarette and Hyunjin grabbed your hand to stop you.
Taking your strawberry milk you looked over at Hyunjin who seemed desperate. He took your hand and brought you over to the corner of the convenience store, a blue was parked at the side and you guessed it was his.

'Get in, please?' You didn't care anymore, you hopped in and looked over at him who was slowly getting into the car.
'What do you want to say to me? You're sorry? Sorry for leading me on?..' Hyunjin started the car, ignoring you while you rambled on about the past months you'd been in pain over him.

He drove and listened to you, not really in the mood for arguing; he wasn't in the mood for anything really. Passing the trees and forestry; you finally gave up and looked out the window, not really knowing where you were; but you didn't think to question.

Pulling up outside the gates of something, Hyunjin poked his head out the window and they opened ever so slowly, the screeching of the metal told you it must be an old place. As he drove in your realized what it was, a graveyard.

'Hyunjin, why are we here?' You looked at his face for answers but he only seemed to be concentrated on not driving onto the grass and staying on the walkway/road. Finally, Hyunjin stopped and he got out, not really signaling for you to but you did anyway.

The name engraved on the grave wasn't anything you expected. You turned to the boy who'd seemed so happy so many months ago to find he was now broken, you held onto his arm and he finally broke down. His tears soaked through your sweater and you just held him there.

It was her, his ex; she was dead.

~~~~

Finally back in your home, Hyunjin sat with a hot chocolate and tear-stained cheeks. Your parents were too happy about a boy coming into the house but after explaining the situation, they felt sorry and let him in.

'So, Hyunjin..?' Your mother spoke up, he turned to her and a bright smile played onto his lips, just like the one you'd seen months ago.
'Where did you meet our Y/N/N?' Hyunjin thought of ways to explain it without sounding like a stalker so he went for the easy option.
'Well, she wanted strawberry milk, which was on the top shelf and I so happened to be there..' he smiled at you and your cheeks turned bright red and your mother smiled at him.

'I guess you'll be serving Strawberry Milk at the wedding then..' hyunjin choked on his hot chocolate and you choked on air.
'I guess we will' hyunjin finally answered and winked at you, your mother seemed to find this amusing and laughed along with the two of you.

The Strawberry Milk that brought the two together still stayed on the table, along side the yellow lollipop and now empty cigarette packet (Hyunjin had thrown them all away). You smiled at the boy as he did so, you didn't feel you needed them anymore. He leaned down and kissed you ever to softly; the strawberry milk couple that served lollipops and strawberry milk at their wedding.