Chapter 21

Behold i have  finally updated this book, it's not that great and i'm planning on rewriting the whole story because looking back at it, it's awful. but yes here's the update and i hope you like it :)

---

Narrator POV

Ashton stared at Luke in utter disgust.

“Wren would never use me.” he spat

“Oh really?” Luke smirked “Because that’s exactly what she’s doing.”

Ashton glared at Luke as the blonde boy smirked and bit his lip.

“Can’t handle the truth, Ash.” He smirked.

“Don-“

“isn’t that what your girlfriend called you?” Luke asked “The girlfriend you had while you were ‘dating’ Wren.”

“I never cheated on Wren!” Ashton hissed “I didn’t know if we were together or not...”

“So you decided to get another girlfriend as a rebound, huh.” Luke stated

“She wasn’t a reboun-“

“So what would you call her? A girl you dated because you didn’t have Wren.”

“No, it wasn’t like that.” Ashton defended.

“Then what would you say it was.” Luke smirked.

“I was confused. The one person I loved was sending me mixed emotions. One minute she’s all over me, the next it’s Michael.” Ashton sighed.

“Ashton, you’re one of my best friends,” Luke said “And I’d never lie to you. Wren doesn’t love you, she never has. You were an excuse to make Michael realise what he had missed out on.”

Ashton’s eyes began to tear up as his heart broke.

“But I thought she loved me...”

“You thought wrong,” Luke replied “Very wrong.”