I've Made My Choice - Chapter 9

A/N: It's chapter 9! i've enjoyed this chapter a lot, it's different to the rest. But here we go :)

+_+_+_+_+_+_+

We arrived home; to be honest the tears never stopped flowing down my cheek, staining what used to be a happy glow.

“Why?” I thought aloud.

“Why what?” mum asked taking her seatbelt off.

“Why did he just treat me as if I was nothing? As if he didn’t care about me?” I sighed

“I really don’t know, he was so excited to be seeing you on tour and watch him perform. I guess it’s just that these things happen, don’t they?” she said

“Not to me though.” I sighed

“Wren it can happen to everyone, it’s just is happened to you today.” She said stroking my shoulder.

“What happens now?” I asked looking at her

She shrugged

“We wait until they get home, they have some shows in the UK you could go with them to see your dad.” She suggested

“Even my own dad turns his back on me...” I whimpered

“He didn’t turn his back on you; he needed some time alone and met someone. He can’t leave his girlfriend now. You mean the world to him, don’t question that.”

“How long until the tour is over?” I asked

“A few more weeks, can you wait until then?” she asked concerned

I nodded

“College will take my mind off things...”

“You might have to wait until the next term starts, but there’s no harm in checking, is there? Now come on take your things into the house and we’ll talk more there.” She said kissing my head softly.

I got out of the car, opening the boot and taking my things out. I dragged my suitcase by the handle into the porch and dragging it up to my room. This room has brought many memories ... ones where Luke was actually happy to have me around. Times where he didn’t have to choose between family and dreams. Something Ashton clearly made him do; he knows Luke bottles under pressure, which is exactly why he did it.

I walked downstairs; mum was in the kitchen making a cup of tea listening to the radio.

“You okay?” she smiled as I sat on the kitchen stool.

“Been better.” I shrugged. She sighed reaching for a red and white polka dot cup pouring some hot water in there.

“You know he didn’t mean it, Wren.” Mum said adding the tea bag.

“Why did he say it then?” I asked

“Well you know what he’s like under pressure; he says whatever will make Ashton happy.” She replied adding milk and stirring the tea.

“I just thought he’d stay with me, with all the ‘flesh and blood’ talk.” I sighed running my fingers through my hair.

“Well he always has surprises up his sleeve, give it a month and everything will be fine.” She smiled.

“Mum?” I asked

“Yeah?” she replied

“Can I go back to the UK?” I asked

“What?!” she asked turning to look at me.

“Back ... why?” she asked

“Coming here was the wrong idea, I’m glad I saw you and Luke but that’s all I was here for...”