I want to give up - Chapter 17

The Brits, probably the biggest award show held in Britain. Where all the musicians get together and celebrate each other’s achievements and awards. A chance for the industry to come together for one night and enjoy their influences’ company.

5sos had been invited as guests to the award show, Luke was probably the most excited.

“Can you believe it? The Brits, we’re going to The Brits!” he squealed jumping around the living room.

“Yes we get it Luke,” mum replied, she’d been away for a few weeks, she stayed home and continued to teach while we were in the UK.

“Sorry.” Luke muttered

“What will you be doing, Wren?” Ashton asked fixing the bandana on his head

“Probably watch it on TV,” I replied with a smile.

Michael came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Morning.” He whispered in my ear, smirking at the sudden shivers coursing through my body.

“Morning.” I replied

“Wren was just telling us about how she’ll be watching us on TV.” Ashton grinned.

“Uh, yeah.” Michael replied, he was still a little unsure of Ashton.

“We go on tour in 3 days,” Luke reminded “You two can’t be ignoring each other through the tour.”

Michael rolled his eyes, bringing me closer to his chest.

“Luke’s right, if you two carry on ignoring each other the fans are going to notice and they’ll start asking questions. Too much has happened to give them a proper answer and quite frankly I don’t want our personal lives broadcasted because you two can’t get along.” Mum stated.

“It’s not that personal.” Michael replied

“So you two arguing over the fact one has a girlfriend, who happens to be my daughter, and the other doesn’t isn’t personal? The fact that you both fought over one girl and then claim it’s nothing?”

“Well when you put it like that...” Michael replied sarcastically causing me to elbow him softly.

Mum rolled her eyes at him

“We can try and get along.” Ashton spoke

“No, you won’t try, you will get along.” Mum stated with a firm nod.

“Liz is right, it’s time you dropped this. Ashton if you can get along with Wren, you can get along with Michael.” Calum said taking his attention away from the TV.

“But Ashton said things-“

“That he didn’t mean.” Calum interrupted Michael. “It was a heated argument that I’m sure he regrets.”

“What if he doesn’t?” Michael fought back

“Stop trying to be difficult Michael.” Luke sighed.

“I’m not, I’m generally concerned why I should get along with him after what he said and did.” Michael said bringing up the past events of Ashton making Luke choose between me and the band.

“Don’t try and bring the past up, Michael.” Calum sighed “It’s been and gone, if Wren can forget about it, surely you can.”

“What makes you think that?”

“Because it’s Wren who’s the one that received the harsh comments and events, not you.” Calum spoke

“That doesn’t mean I can’t be upset by it.”

“That’s not what we’re saying Michael, all we’re saying is Wren forgot about it, maybe you should too.” Mum smiled.

Michael shook his head

“No! No, not after what he did!” Michael shouted on the verge of tears. He had now let go of my body and was pacing around the room.

“Michael calm down,” Ashton said calmly

“WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THE BAND?!” Michael roared.

Ashton looked taken back, his eyes flooding with tears.

“Michael,” I warned

“NO! NO HE SPEAKS THAT WAY ABOUT YOU, TO YOU THEN EVERYONE JUST ACCEPTS HIM AGAIN. WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG AND NO ONE CARES!” Michael screamed

“We do care” Luke spoke softly.

“IF YOU CARED YOU WOULD’VE GOTTEN RID OF HIM!” Michael screamed pointing at Ashton. Ashton whimpered before walking out of the room.

Michael took a deep breath.

“I hate how everyone asks him how he’s okay, if anyone hurt his fragile feelings. But he was never upset because no one hurt him. But when someone else was hurt you didn’t care, yet again you asked Ashton because he’s all you care about.” Michael stated

“Do you know how much you hurt Ashton?”

“See! You did it again!” Michael exclaimed

“No Michael, he has every right being in this band as you do, you have no right telling him he shouldn’t be here.” Luke growled

“Whatever,” Michael scoffed

Calum stood up

“Michael you really need to calm down.” Calum muttered

Michael rolled his eyes

“I’m done with you all.” He spoke walking off “Wren, you coming?”

I looked at Luke who was pleading for me to stay.

“Okay.” I whispered taking his hand.

“Where are you going?” Mum asked

“Out.” Michael replied.

We walked out into the cold outdoors.

“Thank you for standing by me,” he whispered placing a soft kiss on my lips.

“I don’t know if I can take any more of this.” He whispered, tears falling down his face. “I want to give up.”