I'm not proud - Chapter 19

++++Ashton’s POV++++

My mind keeps trailing back to Wren, she’ll be heartbroken. More importantly, if she ever finds out, she’ll hate me ... for good.

“Ashton, are you okay?” Calum asked as he sat on the couch next to me.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

“You don’t look it, what’s happened?”

“Nothing, just a bad day I guess, you know after what Michael said and all.” I sighed

He nodded, his lips forming a straight line.

“I’m sorry about that, he didn’t mean it. You know what Michael’s like when he’s upset.” Calum spoke.

“What was wrong with him?” I asked

“He thought we all preferred you because we cared more when you were upset, but that’s far from the truth.”

“Where is he?” I asked

“With Wren out somewhere.” He replied.

I nodded as ideas formed in my head. Maybe I could use this to my advantage. Perhaps I could use what Michael had said against him, bring Wren to her senses.

“I need to do something.” I stated.

I walked out of the fairly warm house into the cold dark night as I went to search for Wren and Michael.

Ash: Wren where are you?

Wren: Out.

Ash: Where.

Wren: None of your business.

Ash: It is when Michael’s involved.

Wren: What’s that supposed to mean?

Ash: Wren you haven’t seen the other side of him have you? The side that made me hate him.

Wren: There is no side Ashton.

Ash: Yes there is. Just tell me where you are and I’ll explain.

Wren: No, tell me now.

Ash: I can’t Michael could easily find these messages.

Wren: And he could easily overhear if you told me.

Ash: Just tell me where you are then I’ll tell you at home.

Wren: Tell me over this.

Ash: Fine just make sure Michael doesn’t see these.

Wren: he won’t.

Ash: he’s violent. Lashes out all the time, he doesn’t care who you are or how much you care. Just because you’re his girlfriend doesn’t mean you’re safe. You’re far from safe. I don’t want to see you hurt and neither does Luke, so just get home with or without Michael and just leave him.

I sent the message, yet she didn’t reply. I walked back into the house where Luke was sitting on the couch.

“What did you do?” he asked.

“Something I’m not proud of...”