"I like you ... A Lot Actually" - Chapter 5

A/N: Okay so here is chapter 5, It so close to 100 reads already, cheers! :'), so can we get it to a 100 reads by the end of tonight/today? I don't usually set goals but this time i think i will, 100 reads and i'll be happy :').

Okay so on with the story, this is a shorter chapter than last time, this one is quite eventful and changes mood pretty quickly but HEY i enjoyed writing it so i hope you enjoy reading it :')

-------

Not sleeping has been becoming a daily routine for me. There’s too much to think about to even consider sleeping. Michael stayed for a little longer before leaving to try and patch things up with Astrid.  He apologized for being angry earlier, he said he was just having a bad day, which is exactly what Ashton said when he was angry too even though it was clear his day was perfectly fine.

Keeping in contact with August and Serenity has proven to be harder than I initially thought, with the time zones and school getting in the way. We do speak a lot, but it’s difficult to find the time to do so. We don’t speak as much as I hoped we would before I left, I hoped to make the effort every day and night to ensure we kept our friendship as close as we could; they promised too. I understand promises are hard to keep, especially with moving countries, but I hoped we could overcome that. Serenity has changed her plans; she’s no longer coming down to Australia to study in college with me. She said she’s changed her mind plus her mum doesn’t agree with it, even though I know that’s a lie, it was her mum who suggested for her to try Sydney. She’s studying in the university in Bangor. August has flown over to Kentucky and settling in well, we talk on a regular basis, but Serenity and I are no more. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss her but ‘what will be will be’.

Today is Tuesday; my lessons aren’t that bad to be honest. I got one piece of homework yesterday with science but that’s it. I opened my small green liaison book looking at the lesson grid:

1.       Science

2.       English

3.       Art

4.       Music

5.       Music

6.       English

Luke said Michael wasn’t coming to school today so we had to take the bus instead.

“Why isn’t Michael coming to school?” I asked Luke whilst putting an apple in my bag.

“Something along the lines of ‘not feeling well’.” He sighed using air quotation marks.

“What’s with the air quotations?” I asked sipping some water from the transparent bottle.

“He was fine yesterday. I think it’s a crush he has, he’s trying to avoid her.” He stated.

Crush?

“Who?” I asked following him out the door.

“This girl called Astrid. Do you know her?” he asked turning to look at me.

“Yeah, we started talking yesterday. I never expected him to have a crush on her though, maybe that’s why he was feeling awkward around her...?” I thought out loud.

“No, Michael’s always awkward.” He sniggered. I rolled my eyes with small smile as I stood in the bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive.

“What happened between you two yesterday anyway?” Luke asked watching me intently.