Birthday

By the time it came to when Yata's birthday was, Tatara and Mikoto we're gone. But Izumo still had Tatara's camera up on a ledge in remembrance, and it sill had film in it.
I carefully took it out. It was late and Yata had gone down to play video games or something with the other boys in the basement. Izumo had given me permission to touch the camera and offered to help me find the video.
Once the film was downloaded on my computer, we searched through until I found the pictures he had taken, and the video as well.
I was dressed in a beautiful white sundress, Tatara insisted I wear my hair down, and he even made me put on this hair-band with a bow on it for "maximum cuteness".
"Think it's a good idea?" I asked Izumo.
"Of course. You might even make Yata-chan cry." Izumo replied, chuckling.

When everything was ready, and after we had given the birthday boy his cake and had our drinks, I decided to finally give the boy my gift.
"Misaki-Kun." I began quietly, the rest of the bar slowly silencing as I spoke, "It's about time I gave you my present. It's something Tatara and I came up with a while before he died."
"That long ago...?" He mumbled.
"Here, it's a video." I said, pulling out my laptop and bringing up the file, "Everyone quiet so we can all hear!" I reminded them, pressing full screen and then play.

"Yuri!"
"Huh?"
"Let's take a video!"
I laughed lightly, "A video of what, Tatara?"
"How about... we make a birthday present for Yata? I can edit this part out later."
"A birthday present? Sounds like a good idea... but what should I do?"
"Pretend like your talking to him right now, tell him what you love about him!"
A blush was evident on my face and I scratched my cheek as I thought, breathing a laugh.
"Well... I love the sound of his voice. Even when he's angry, hearing it and knowing he's near by always makes me feel at ease." I began, fiddling with my hands as I thought for another moment before continuing,
"When we're alone, you're a lot more cuddly than usual, and I love it when we lay together in the dark.
I love the colour of your hair, and the way your eyes shimmer in the light.
I love the way you only let me call you by your first name, and I love your cooking. I'm also really thankful for all the times you let me steal your clothes, Misaki-Kun.
I love how protective you are of me, even though some people might say your possessive, I feel safest when I'm with you. Oh! And I love it when we fight bad guys together, you're really hot when you fight." I laughed, bending over slightly in my fit, Tatara laughed with me.
"One more thing!" I quickly said, as if to cut Tatara off from saying something else, "I want Misaki to know something."

There was a pause as I took a breath, and I glanced at Misaki to see tears in his eyes, a hand shaking over his mouth,

"Misaki-Kun, one of my friends asked me a while ago, what my home was to me. Her and someone else were debating something, I guess. Anyways, the point is, is that when I began to answer her... I realized that I wasn't talking about a place. I was talking about you. I was talking about where we go together, the way you make me feel when we're together. You are my home Misaki. I love you."
The boys awed and Misaki ducked his head, wiping his eyes and sniffling. I smiled lightly, giving his hand a squeeze. The video wasn't over yet.
"Wow, Yuri. That's so sweet!"
"Thanks, I guess." I replied nervously.
"So, one last question to answer!"
"Sure." I nodded, giving a small smile to him as I listened,
"What's your goals for the year to come? Until Yata's next birthday, of course."
I hummed in thought, "Well, for us all to stay together of course! Let's grow happy and strong together, okay?"
"Yeah." Tatara moved the camera from me to him, and his face unfocused, and then focused into view. He smiled brightly, "Lets keep on growing happy and strong everyone! Happy birthday, Yata!"

The video cut off and my eyes widened as Misaki let out a light sob, attempting to cover his face with one hand as he stood from his seat and stumbled into me, digging his head into my shoulder as he cried.
Same of the other boys had been brought to tears as well, and I shushed the boy in my arms as everyone thanked me for the video and a chance to see Tatara again.
"Thank you, Yuri!" Misaki cried, wrapping his arms around my waist, "Thank you so much!"
I smiled as I leaned my head on his, hugging him tightly back,
"Your welcome, my love."