Fear 2 (K: Memory of Red)

It was the beginning of summer, and Anna had been getting more and more comfortable with everyone at the clan. Tatara thought it would be a great idea to go to the amusement park that was opening up for the summer again, and even though I didn't agree Anna seemed happy about it, so I tagged along and tried to play it cool.
But, I'm pretty sure I have a fear of roller coasters. The thing is, Anna didn't seem to like me too much - or maybe she just wasn't comfortable with me yet. Tatara did spend a lot more time with her, and even Misaki did too. I really wanted her to like me and to look up to me, so instead of calling in sick to the boys like I was seriously considering, I sucked it up and got into the van with them.

"Lets go on the roller coaster next, Anna!" Misaki cheered, taking her hand in his and Tatara following close behind with a bright excited smile on his face as he cheered in agreement.
Anna just nodded, and I frowned slightly as I followed them to the line up. I hoped they would pick a small ride so that I could manage to go on with the others, but when I looked up my eyes widened at the height of the drop and the screams of the people going down.
My stomach flipped and my throat clogged up immediately at the sight, my heart rate escalating fast.
"I...I'm not gonna go on." I spoke up.
"Eh? Why not, Yuri?" Misaki asked, turning his head around to glance at me with an eye brow raised.
"Are you alright Yuri-chan? You look a little sick." Tatara looked down at me worriedly and I stiffened,
"I-I-I don't like... roller coasters." I coughed up, "S-so instead I'm gonna go and uh... play some mini games on the ground!"
Tatara smiled sweetly, "Alright, wait for us near by!"
"Okay!" I quickly ran from the line and took a deep breath of relief when I was far enough away from that horror.
I met up with Mikoto, Izumo and the others that decided not to go on the roller coaster, and we began to walk around near by at the mini games. I dragged them to a lot of them, claiming I'd win one of the big prizes. They didn't really believe me, since games like these were usually rigged. I went through a lot of money, but it was just for today and I really wanted to get something for Anna and see her smile.
I ended up with another small prize instead of the big one I wanted, and I shoved it into my backpack with the others before continuing on with Mikoto and Izumo to find another game. I walked slightly ahead of them, mumbling to myself.
"Anna wears that blue dress, so maybe she likes blue... no, no, her favourite colour's red cause she always talks about how 'pretty our reds are' like she can see our aura's even when we haven't activated them." I exclaimed to myself, "So I have to find her something red... right now I have a spotted dog stuffy, a candy bracelet and a little silver tiara with pink stones. Mikoto-"
I gasped as I turned and didn't meet eyes with my King. There was no sign of his bright red hair anywhere, nor was there a sign of Izumo. I cursed to myself, continuing to look around for a familiar face. Tatara told me to wait nearby but I wandered off anyways... dammit.
I quickly pulled out my phone and tried to call Misaki, but he wasn't picking up. I then tried to text Izumo, but he wasn't replying and I was getting pushed around for standing in the middle of the walk way. I went to a bench on the side and took a deep breath to try and relax.
I texted Izumo again, worried that he put his phone on silent. I didn't really know where I was, and the only ones smart enough to take a map from the lady at the entrance was Izumo and Fujishima!
I frowned deeply, trying to scan the crowd for a familiar face, my leg bouncing in place. I should just stay here, I told myself, They'll realize they lost me and come looking. I swallowed, they will come looking, right? They wouldn't leave me here... I quickly shook my head back and forth.
Of course they wouldn't! I'm a part of Homra, we're family.
"We're family..." I mumbled, wishing I had stuck closer to Mikoto or Izumo so this wouldn't have happened.
Now the fun day is going to turn into a mess because I had to get lost... I sighed heavily as I picked up my phone once again, eyes widening at the low battery.
"Huh?! I charged it all night last night!" I cried, pouting. How am I supposed to get a hold of anyone if this thing dies?!
It doesn't matter, the world lived for centuries without cellphones, so I'll be fine.

My phone died about a half an hour later, and I sat watching the crowd and waiting anxiously, continuing to push away the thoughts of them possibly forgetting about me.
I remembered the time when I was little, the first and last time I went to the amusement park with my grandparents. They had put me on a small roller coaster ride and I got really scared of it, but I didn't speak out my issue and so they tried to put me on another one. I remember running away as fast as I could, and then just getting even more scared when I got lost.
I thought they would leave me there because I ran away, but they searched all day for me.
"Please find me soon, Misaki-kun." I whispered to myself, looking up to the sky.
I never got a gift for Anna... I thought, my frown deepening as I groaned. She probably thinks I'm such a loser, burdening everyone like this.
Don't cry, don't cry - don't you dare start crying, Yuri! I yelled at myself.
"YURI! GUYS, I FOUND HER!"
I moved my head from the sky to the voice, blinking as I watched Misaki run towards me. My eyes widened and I quickly stood as he slowed to a stop in front of me, a frown on his face.
Oh shit. I pissed him off.
"What were you thinking running ahead! Everyone's been so worried!"
"I-I'm really sorry, Misaki. I didn't mean to." I ducked my head, trying to blink back my tears. I didn't care if he was mad all that much, I'm just so glad they found me.
"Hey, are you crying?"
"NO!" I yelled, lurching my head back up to glare at him, "I am not crying! What are you talking about?!"
"U-uh- nothing, nothing, sorry I asked." He put his hands up in defense and I pouted to myself, shoving my hands in my pockets.
"Yuri!" Izumo gasped in relief, "Oh thank god."
"Yuri you worried us!" Tatara cried, engulfing me in a tight embrace, "Don't ever do that again!"
"Sorry, everyone." I began, looking around at each of their relieved faces I smiled lightly. Of course they wouldn't leave me, we're Homra. We're a family.
"What were you running off for anyways, Yuri?" Mikoto asked, his cigarette hanging out of his mouth lazily.
"She wanted to... get me a present." Anna answered for me and I tensed, my one foot moving back slightly as I looked to the side in embarrassment, "She wanted me to like her."
I felt my face heat up as everyone stared at me, and I pulled my hood over my head and down over my face as the boys came around to hug me and coo about how cute I was.
"Shut up already!" I whined as they giggled like little boys, telling me how Anna would like me no matter what, "Oi! I said stop it! Misaki!"
"Alright that's enough, let her go!" Yata yelled over the boys, pulling a few of them off of me before they stepped back. Mikoto sighed and turned around, beginning to walk off, the others followed in suite.
"Yuri!" I blinked as Yata held out his hand to me, a blush on his cheeks as he averted my eyes, "H-hold onto my hand so you don't get l-lost again."
I smiled lightly, placing my hand in his, "Okay, thanks, Misaki-kun!"