Memories

"Let me go!" I cried, hissing through my teeth as a group of men held down Misaki for the strain. He struggled and cursed up a storm, moving his head to glare at the men holding me back,
"Don't you dare fucking touch her! Don't fucking touch her!" Misaki screamed in a deep voice out for me, even though he was the one in trouble.
"Yata!" Rikio called out, though when he took a step forward the one who seemed to be the head of the operation cut him off quickly.
"Make one more step, and I'll have him killed."
I choked on my spit in shock and fear, grunting as the men threw me back and walked off to continue what they were doing before we arrived. No one moved, and Izumo glared hard at the situation, not knowing what to do. We never expected a strain.
"Wipe his memories clean - but not all of them. Only the ones of Homra."
"No!" I yelled out and he laughed,
"We'll hit two birds with one stone tonight!"
Misaki cried out as the strain placed his hand over his head and began to do what he was told, and my stomach churned at the thought of how much pain he might be in from whatever was happening.
Izumo called out to me and told me to control myself or I'd kill them all, but I didn't care. My flames busted outwards and caught onto the walls and wreckage around me, the fire spread rapidly and the boys made their move to save Yata while I glared down the one who made the command.
"You, burn." I hissed, smashing my foot into his jaw, I knocked him to the ground and pressed his face into the concrete with my boot, letting the fire burn his head and listening to him scream the way Yata did.
"Yuri! You'll burn the whole place down!" Rikio cried. All of them knew that the only ones who could help me calm down when I lost control were Mikoto, Tatara, and Misaki. But now Mikoto and Tatara were dead, and Misaki was out cold over Rikio's shoulder.
"Yuri!" Anna grabbed onto my hand, "Misaki needs medical attention. Please."
I took a deep breath, moving back from the man who sobbed lightly on the ground like the pathetic piece of shit he was. I shut my eyes to think about the way Misaki would place his hand on my shoulder when I got like this, and my aura left me slowly as I followed the others out and back to the bar.

-

I sat beside Misaki as he slept, it had been hours since the accident and a glass of now warm water sat on the bed side table of Mikoto's old bed. I sighed, looking at the bandages around his arms and the bruise on his face from getting punched by a man who weighed twice as much as him.
He grunted and I quickly moved to look at his face, "Misaki?" I began, watching carefully as his eyes opened and he looked at the room around him.
"Izumo!" I yelled out, turning back to Misaki with a light smile, it fell quickly when he jumped away from me.
"W-where am I? Who are you?!"
"Misaki, it's me-"
"Who the hell gave you permission to call me by first name, woman?!"
My mouth opened to reply, but I quickly realized it would be pointless. The strain did what was asked of him, he wiped Misaki's memory of us clean, "Misaki, it's me, Yuri."
"I don't know you, and stop calling me by that name dammit!" He yelled, myself flinching back.
He never yells at me like that.
"Yata!" Izumo began as he entered the room.
"Huh? Who are you people? Why am I here?"
"Oh no..." Izumo frowned and I just stared at Misaki waiting for him to recognize us. To recognize me, the one who loved him the most. "Yata, my name is Izumo Kusanagi, you were hurt and we took you in to help you."
"I don't remember anything." Misaki commented, "Is Saruhiko here?"
I gasped and he glanced at me, "You have amnesia, Yata." Izumo continued, "Fushimi-san isn't here. You two haven't been on speaking terms in years."
"What?!" He cried in response, he went to move and winced from the pain.
"Are you alright?" I quickly asked, "We should look over your wounds to make sure-"
"Don't touch me." He glared at me, "How many times do I gotta tell you I don't fucking know you."
"Sorry." I muttered, quickly getting up and leaving the room before I broke down. I listened as Izumo sighed when I shut the door, leaning my back against it and staring up at the ceiling in despair.
"Yata, that's Yuri Shizukata. She's your girlfriend." I heard Izumo explain.
"She's my WHAT?!" Yata gasped in reply, "There's no way she- I mean I- no, no, no, she is way out of my league."
I smiled lightly and shut my eyes as I imagined Izumo smiling too, "She didn't think so. She cares about you a lot, Yata, you should apologize."
"I-I...I didn't mean to upset her."
"I know. If you'd like, you can come down to the bar. Maybe seeing everyone will spark something in you and you'll remember. I'm sure you're hungry as well."
"Yeah. Sure."
I quickly ran from the door down to the bar, and sat down hastily on the couch beside Anna.
"You're upset." She began and I sweat dropped at how easily she could read me.
"Misaki doesn't remember anything." I replied, catching the attention of everyone, "He got angry at me when I suggested checking his wounds. He didn't blush at all either... and I mean, I get that he doesn't remember me, but I thought maybe he wouldn't forget how he cared about me."
Chitose stood silently, walking over and sitting down beside me, he placed a hand on my shoulder, "He hasn't forgotten. Yata's just an idiot, right, everyone?"
"Yeah!"
I smiled and laughed lightly, thanking Chitose as Yata followed Izumo into the bar and took a seat a bit away from everyone else. Silence quickly fell over the area and everyone stared at Yata suspiciously, waiting for him to say something. He looked around nervously, as if trying to recognize any faces, but it seemed hopeless when Rikio came up to him and he stiffened, coughing out something that inquired he had no idea what (the hell) Rikio was talking about.
"Here you go." Izumo smiled lightly as Yata ate, breaking for a moment to yell at everyone to stop staring at him.
I stared anyways, even when the others went back to whatever they were doing before. I stared and studied the colour of his hair, the look in his eyes as he tried to ignore us. The way he ate hungrily, the veins in his hands and the watch on his wrist. Memories or not, he was still my Misaki, and no matter if he had completely forgotten me and no matter if he decides to leave and to never remember us at all, I'll still love him just the same.
"Thanks for the meal, Kusanagi-san. I uh... I think I'm gonna head home for now."
Everyone froze and my heart stopped as I listened to him explain that he thought going home would be best for him right now, but it was obvious he didn't want to be here.
He picked up his skate board that I had put by the door not too long ago, and exited the bar without another word.
I quickly stood and ran out after him, my legs moved on their own as my heart decided for me that I didn't want him to leave yet, and I would do everything in my power to make him stay.
"Misaki!" I cried as he skated away, "Misaki wait! Please!" He kept on moving, as if purposefully ignoring me, "Please don't go! Misaki- uh- Yata! No..."
Why are you ignoring me? I asked myself, my breathing raged even though I didn't even really do any real running, "You promised!" I screamed after him as he faded away, "You fucking promised you wouldn't leave me!"
But he didn't remember.

-

It had been about a month, and I could say I was doing a lot better than I was the first week when Misaki left and didn't come back. I still loved him, possibly even more than I did before. The boys did their best to cheer me up, taking me out every day to make sure I got some sun and wiping my tears whenever I cried.
They kept telling me one day Misaki would remember and come running back for us, for me, and when he did I could slap him upside the head for making me cry... but day by day I began to doubt more and more that he would remember.

"What if the strain is the only one that can give him his memories back?" I asked Akegi, looking up at him from my plate of sushi, Rikio sat eating his fourth plate beside me, "Maybe that's why..."
"I know it's hard, but you gotta try and just stop thinking about it so much." Akegi admitted, "The more you wait the longer it'll feel before he comes back."
"Will he come back, though?"
"Of course he will, Yuri." Rikio announced with his mouth half full, "He loves you too much to forget you. It might be a while yet, but he'll come back. I swear it."
"Yeah, you're right." I turned back to my sushi, finishing up what was left.
While Akegi, Rikio and I were headed back to the bar, Rikio managing to make me laugh at one of his dumb stories, I stopped when I noticed the skate park.
"Yuri?" Rikio asked wearily.
"Sorry, it's just... before I joined Homra, I used to come here a lot and roller blade. I'd also watch Misaki skate."
Akegi sighed lightly and I glanced to him as he and Rikio met eyes and silently agreed on something. The young man placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled brightly to me, "Wanna go sit and watch again, then?"
"Uh... yeah, if you don't mind."
We sat down at the same bench I always used to sit on, and I smiled at the young kids joking around.
I stiffened when I recognized him though, and the other two beside me did as well. His messy auburn hair, the way he pursed his lips before he did a trick, his black beanie and the fire in his eyes. It was Misaki Yata, the skateboarding vanguard of Homra - whether he had forgotten it or not.
I giggled lightly as he landed perfectly from his jump and silently congratulated himself. He looked up in my direction for some reason, as if unconsciously, and upon meeting eyes with me, fell off his board from the loss of concentration. He tumbled down the slope and as Akegi asked if he was okay, I stood and jogged over to him. I jumped down to where he was, a few other boys asking if he was alright, I knelt down beside the boy and called out for him.
He groaned, covering his face with his arm for a moment before sitting up. When he met my eyes, it was quiet for a moment. I stared into them, trying to re-stain the memory of the colour into my mind. It had been far too long since I just stared into his eyes.
He rose his hand to my face and caressed my cheek, and as I realized that he was looking at me with an apologetic face, remembrance and love in his eyes, mine filled with tears.
"Misaki?"
"I'm sorry, Yuri. I'm so sorry." He mumbled, kissing me without another word. I kissed back strongly, my built up tears falling down my face.
I smiled as we pulled apart, "It wasn't your fault, baby. I was never angry with you, I was just broken at the thought you'd never remember."
"Of course I would remember." He spoke firmly, sure of himself, "All this time I knew something was missing and all it took was seeing you on that bench again to trigger my memories."
I grinned, throwing my arms around him, "I'm so glad!" I cheered, kissing his neck, his cheeks and his forehead, I giggled at the blush on his cheeks.
"I missed you." He mumbled, avoiding my eyes.
"I missed you too, Misaki~" I kissed him, and his head moved to the side as he kissed me back, not letting me pull away from him, we kissed in the middle of the skate park like we were the only ones left on the planet.
"Okay, that was really fucking sweet you guys but you can't hog the skatepark anymore, alright?!" One of the younger kids called out, the others agreeing with him.
Misaki finally let me go, his face going red as he yelled out an apology.
"Come on you guys! Lets go!" Rikio called out, "Anna and Izumo will want to see you, Yata!"
"Oh yeah-" Misaki grunted as he stood, grabbing his board and helping me up the side of the skate park, "I want to see them too. Let's hurry!"
"Okay!" I grinned as I took my lovers hand and the two of us began walking off ahead of Rikio and Akegi back to the bar, bright smiles on our faces.

Extended ending

"OW! The fuck was that, Kusanagi-san?!"
"That, was for making us all worry, and this-"
"OW!"
"Was for making Yuri cry."
"I didn't mean too!"
"Doesn't matter. Hey, Kusanagi-san, can I hit him too?"
"HELL NO! Back off, you stupid dog!"
"My name is Erik..."