Precautioned Caution

"I overdosed, should have known your love was a game. Oh it's such a shame." - Charlie Puth, We Don't Talk Anymore

_________

The first thing Jimin noticed after being flashed out of his dressing room, were the blinding lights. They were reminiscent of powerful stage lights used to perform, but weren't quite as strong. He blinked, and the color of the light began to shuffle through the spectrum. The vibrancy of them left his frame, and began to travel across the room of some foreign house he'd never been to before.

Jungkook.

It was the only explanation as to how he could have gotten here.

Just what have you gotten yourself into?

Jimin ran a hand through his hair, letting out a slightly annoyed breath. Namjoon has Taehyung and himself on press control after their kiss had been leaked. Appearently a saesang caught the moment, and the post went viral in seconds. Jungkook hadn't called on Jimin in all of the seven days since the incident, and Jimin was too busy racing to rumor handle to really notice.

Of course, that's not to say that he didn't notice. Because he did. It was more so a slight irritation in the back of his mind, and while Namjoon told the idol group to keep their answers open ended in order to gain the upper hand, Jimin couldn't seem to resist wanting to nip the rumor in the bud. Maybe it was because he was worried about what a certain someone thought.

Or, maybe, it was because he was scared.

Because, when you think about it, that's all Jimin ever really was. Terrified. Over his appearance. Over his fans perception of him. Over his relationships with others. He's been one scared boy for a very long time, and those who knew him - truly knew him - weren't all that surprised he had to numb it all with drugs.

Three boys were supposed to debut in 4'oclock, but they cut someone last minute. It was supposed to be Jimin, actually, until the other boy broke his ankle and could no longer dance. It was honestly nothing more than dumb luck that Jimin was able to gain some lime light. Taehyung and himself vowed to protect each other after that, in the childlike way teen boys do. And ever since debut, they did there best to uphold that.

Music flooded his ears suddenly, but the sound was a burst of a heavy beat followed by excited screams. He snapped out of his daze, looking around the room once more to finally understand just where he had been transported.

To a party.

Immediately, the fog around his mind cleared. He jumped into action, almost as if he had been moving into slow motion and the screen unfroze. There were tons of people surrounding him, all probably around college age. Couples of all kinds were splattered around, some drunk, others sober, all here to have fun. The room wasn't relatively well lit, so Jimin was able to pass as some "hot dude" over PARK JIMIN KOREA'S NATIONAL TREASURE on a glance. He shuffled the bangs on his forehead to cover a larger portion of his face, ignoring the stink of someone's joint in the air.

Jimin wasn't a hypocrite, he understood that Taehyung's tablets weren't simple vitamins, but he didn't enjoy weed. The smell of it. The feel of it. The essence of it. The tablets, they heightened the good moments, made positive emotions feel like this crazy rush. At the same time, they numbed the emotions he didn't want to feel. Shut out the thoughts he didn't want to acknowledge, and the painful memories that were buried so deep in his mind Jimin that refused to believe they were real images of reality.

Weed, on the other hand, it made everything foggy. He hadn't touched the stuff after Taehyung forced it on him, and wasn't planning to again. It numbed everything. Everything. The world became a window away, almost feeling like a dream that he was close to waking up from.