Hugo

Tom Pov:

I decided to spend some time with the kids because I feel I've been neglecting them lately.

Obviously Tord is going to be with us.

"Go fish," I say.

"I thought we were playing Poker," Tord says.

Jackie rolls a dice and says, "6,"

"Okay, so is my character the red coin or the blue coin?" Hugo writes while looking at the poker coins.

"How about we just watch the tele or something like normal families do," Max says.

"Yeah.. I Don't know what's going on so that's probably for the best," I say.

We all go over to the couch and sit down.

Me, Tord, Jackie, and Max sit on the couch while Hugo sits on the floor and holds Torm in his lap.

We have to watch something kid friendly, so we put on some kid's channel.

Hugo Pov:

I hear snoring so I look behind me and see that Daddy, Dad, Jackie, and Max all fell asleep on the couch.

It's only been 5 minutes!

Torm crawls out of my lap and takes the remote for the tele that fell off the couch.

He presses a few buttons and turns on a violent movie.

I feel the right thing to do is turn it back to the kid's show, but I also really want to watch it too.

Torm crawls back on to my lap and we begin watching a marathon of blood, death, sharps objects, and guns.

Tord Pov:

My eyes open and I see Hugo and Torm watching a violent movie.

My Dad instincts kick in and I quickly grab the remote from the floor and turn the tele off.

Hugo and Torm look at me with annoyed faces.

"You kids can't watch that!" I say.

"Why not?" Hugo writes.

"Because you're too young!"

"No I'm not!" Hugo writes.

"Your like 12 years old! I think," I mumble the last part.

"My 13th birthday was last week!" Hugo writes.

"Wait what?"

Hugo looks down with a frown.

"Why didn't we celebrate it?" I ask.

"I assume everyone forgot. I never got to chance to see you or Daddy and Jackie and Max have been doing their own thing for a while. This is the first time in almost 2 months we've actually gotten all together," Hugo writes.

Me and Tom forgot 1 of our kids birthdays?

That doesn't seem like Tom to forget that sort of thing.

I have everyone's birthdays on my phone so I know we've always celebrated.

I wonder how long Hugo has been alone..

Has he been alone longer than 2 months?

"Let's all celebrate it together Hugo," I say.

"Daddy would be upset if he knew he missed it so I don't want to celebrate," Hugo writes.

Hugo stands up and leaves Torm on the ground.

"But maybe we ca-"

Hugo puts his hand up in a way of interrupting me.