I Need Another Child

Tom Pov:

When ever I come back to base for vacation after a won war I always have to attend at least 2 meetings with Tord.

You know, since I'm technically a general now.

It's super boring.

"Tom wake up!"

I shoot my head up.

"That's the 5th time you've fell asleep in this 1 meeting!" Tord says.

"These meetings are booooorrring!" I say and slam my head back down on the table.

I groan from the pain I just gave my forehead for no reason but to be dramatic.

"You chose to be a general!"

"I wanted to do the fighting part of being a general! Not the 'sit and look pretty' part of being a general!"

"We're not sitting and looking pretty Tom! Now let's just continue with our- TOM WAKE UP!!"

I shoot my head back up.

"Ya know, this time I didn't even realize I put my head down," I say and laugh.

Literally everyone in the room facepalms. I facepalm because my forehead hurts from before, but I try to hide it.

"You know what, everyone's dismissed," Tord says.

Everyone leaves the room, accept me and Tord.

"Tom I need to talk to you about something," Tord says.

"Yeah I know. I need to stop fooling around in meetings," I say.

"No, it's different this time,"

"What is it?"

Tord takes a hold of my hand and holds it tightly on the table. He looks serious.

"Tom... I need you to have another child with me," Tord says.

"WHAT?!" I ask.

"I need a heir to the Red Army and Hugo is disabled and can't take the role,"

"Tord. I'm NOT having another child,"

"Tom we're growing older... My army has gotten so far and I'm afraid I won't be here long enough to finish my goal,"

"Tord I need to fight for your army and I can't do that while being pregnant,"

"I'll get someone to take your role temporarily! We really need another child Tom!"

I get up quickly. "Tord I'm not going threw all that again,"

I turn to walk away, but Tord gets up and grabs my wrist and turns me to face him again. He holds on to it tightly, which means I can't get him off even if I wanted to.

"Tom we need this,"

"Let go Tord,"

"Please Tom,"

"Stop,"

"Tom listen to m-"

I slap him.

The sound echos the room.

He lets go of my wrist.

"No Tord. That's final,"

I walk out the door.

Tord Pov:

I hold my cheek and look down.

I deserve that.