Will Explains the PJO/HOO Fandom

Nico's POV

I had escaped the dares at camp to fulfill my own. Well I didn't escape camp, but the dares were none of my problems. I was nervous, to say the least. I could not move from the Hades cabin. My face was buried in a pillow until someone yelled my name.
"Nico di Angelo! Get up or I will make you get up!" Annabeth yelled.
I groaned but didn't move.
Instantly, her hands grabbed my ankles and Annabeth pulled me out of my bed. In seconds, my face made contact with the floor. She grabbed my arm, yanked me up, and pushed me to the Aphrodite cabin.
"He has a date with Will," She said. She shut the door, and I was not able to leave.
Stupid Annabeth.
Giggling girls swirled around me. Clothes were thrown left and right. I choked on the cloud of makeup. I was nearly decapitated by something, but I couldn't see what it was.
Ah, Aphrodite. Are you trying to kill me?
After multiple near death experiences from Aphrodite's cabin, I was ready. I think.
I looked at myself in one of the cabin's floor length mirrors. They did nothing. I was tortured for no reason.
Wonderful.
I spent luxurious time out of my day (which I could've spent sleeping) to be pulled out of bed, to the most violent cabin. You may be thinking that the Ares cabin is the most violent. They are. However, when you talk about love with the goddess of love's children, they will murder you with questions, giggling, clothes, the list goes on and on.
I made my way to the infirmary, where I knew Will would be. He wasn't tending to a demigod so I walked up to him.
"Meet me behind the Hades cabin in ten minutes," I said, leaving abruptly afterwards.
Little did I know, Beyoncé Piper was only a few feet away.

Piper's POV

Nico actually did it. He's going on a date with Will. I can only imagine what my cabin is doing right now. After leaving the infirmary, I met Annabeth by the canoe lake.
"He did it," I squealed. "Nico asked him out."
Annabeth laughed. "I hope so. I pulled him out of bed and thrust him into your cabin. I'm glad my plan worked."
"Percy didn't make it though? Conner started a prank war, so I assume the boys flunked their dares?"
"Yeah. He couldn't do it."
"Figures."

Nico's POV

Will walked outside the infirmary, and not knowing what to say, I kissed him.
Will breathed, pulling away. "What was it you wanted to ask?"
"I'd like you to go out with me. If you say no, it was a dare, but I still want you to do it anyways. And-" I ranted, however, Will cut me off.
"Yes, Nico. I'll go out with you. Stop ranting."
I let out an audible sigh of relief. I cursed.
"Meet me in the strawberry fields at eight." I said.
He nods. "Got it. See you tonight."

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATER

I walked to the strawberry fields, glancing up every now at the starry pool of night overhead, as I waited for Will. I sat down, and remembered the last time I was here. With Bianca. I shivered at the sudden chill in the air. Footsteps approached me slowly, and I turned to a a smiling son of Apollo. Smiles.
He sits down next to me, in silence at first. Miraculously, we start conversation over what I think is The Walking Dead. What even is The Walking Dead?
"Are you trying to offend me?" I ask.
"No. You've seriously never heard of it, Nico?"
"Of course not! That's why I'm asking about it, you idiot!"
This is what conversation topics have come to.
"If you're going to create a show about zombies," I reason, " just create a book about me. Then again, no one would read that book."
"Everyone would read that book, Nico. And you'd be everyone's favorite character, who everybody loves and they all hate that you have low self esteem."
I roll my eyes. "Yeah right. What are they? Fangirls?"
"Yes. A dreaded form of a female that sometimes gets so excited over small things that happen in books or movies or something. Because of their excitement, they sometimes make sounds like dying turkeys. "
"Gods. You must be lying to me."
"No, I'm afraid it's true."
"They must be worse than monsters."
"They are. And fanfiction. Oh how terribly they portray the characters in a fan fiction."
"The world just got a whole lot more confusing."
"Oh gods yes. And don't get me started on headcanons. And fan art. Fangirls are ruthless, Nico. Be glad we don't have to face them."
We make conversation like this for a few hours. I catch glimpses of what fangirls might look like. Typing furiously at their computers, posting chapters of fan fictions, not regarding the rest of the world. How terrifying.

Okay. Will explained fangirls to Nico. That was so fun to write.