The Quest

Percy POV

I honestly don't know why I lashed out at them yesterday. Stress, is what Chiron keeps telling me, and that may be part of it. But I feel like something big is going to happen, and it involves Grace. It's probably also a stress factor that led to my outburst.

To prove that I am right, or hopefully wrong, I find Rachel Dare. Rachel is a mortal, but also Oracle of Delphi's host.
I ask," Rachel, I need to know. I feel like something big is going to happen. I think it involves Grace. Do you sense anything like that happening soon?"
Rachel nods," I sense that too, and I think you are right. But who is Grace?"
I explain," She's the new camper. She yelled to be claimed one night at dinner. I think Annabeth can tell you the rest."
Rachel bites her lip, then smiles," Oh yeah! Is she the,"

She is cut off by the Oracle of Delphi's voice. Oh centaur poop. A prophecy. A quest. How am I not surprised.

Rachel states the prophecy in the Oracle of Delphi's voice," The sea gods' children advance around the globe, at the Death Eaters plea.
The Boy Who Lived fights again.
Monsters form as the Death Eaters slaughter.
Voldemort and Gaea shall rise and roam free.
The world depends on the sea god daughter.
From her weaknesses, she must succeed in making peace.
As demigods and wizards fight in the last hour."
I gulp.

I can't focus. A prophecy and a quest. The gods love ruining my life. The prophecy didn't make sense, they never did. But who was Voldemort? And Gaea was never going to wake again, was she? And what are Death Eaters? I decided to talk to Annabeth and the rest of the group. I needed to decipher the prophecy.

Grace POV

I was in the Poseidon cabin with Piper, Hazel, and Annabeth. They tried to keep me distracted from Percy. I knew. But all I could think about was Percy. Then the door opened.

Percy stood in the doorway, bewilderment paint on his face.
I hugged him, hoping to lighten the dark mood," Percy! Percy! I missed you! I was wondering where you were the whole time!"
Percy nods," Chiron. But didn't the girls take me off your mind?"
I shake my head," Not for a second. But they tried real hard."
Percy gently pries me off him," Good."
I nod," Are you ok?"
Percy nods," I'm fine," He turns to Piper, Hazel and Annabeth," I need to talk to you guys privately. It has to do with a q-u-e-s-t,"
I holler back as they leave," I can spell, you know!"

Piper POV

Percy gathered us outside, behind the Hades cabin. I wonder what prophecy he heard from Rachel. I could tell he was confused, and also shocked. The quest had to do with Grace. He had a look on his face that said: Grace. I will protect Grace.

We had adapted to that look since we heard the news Percy told us on the first (sleep deprived) night. He looked worried about her and protective of her all the time.

Percy showed us the prophecy he'd written down," We need to figure out this prophecy in its entirety."
Annabeth studies the paper," Well, the sea gods' children is Percy and Grace. I don't know who The Boy Who Lived is, but I think it has something to do with your brother in London. Advancing across the globe; that's you and Grace going to London, Percy. Death Eaters, must be some classification for monsters, Voldemort, possibly the leader. And we already killed Gaea, so that doesn't make sense."
I glance at the paper," Yeah, you're right Annabeth, wizards, that definitely involves your brother, Percy."
Percy nods," Yeah. Maybe it involves him. But Grace's weaknesses? And demigods and wizards fighting at the last hour?"
Hazel nods," Midnight. A battle will happen at midnight."
Jason volunteers," Grace's weakness is seeing others in pain."
I nod," When Leo teased Percy, Grace was ready to get revenge."
Frank asks," How?"
Leo recalls, smiling ," In a cold, freezing lake."
Percy's jaw dropped," Grace did that?"
I blush," Well, I helped."
Leo corrects," Piper, you've got it twisted. By helped, you mean thought of the plan and did it, alone."
I nod," Fine, fine. We're getting off topic."
Percy smiles," But it was a funny story."

We continue to analyze the prophecy. Percy doesn't look happy by the time we're done. Annabeth consoles him, with little success. I'm kinda disappointed we're not going on the quest. At least, not supposed to. But, knowing us, we'll worm our way into London. Whether Percy likes it or not. And by the look of it, he would like having us on the quest. I'm going to London. Hopefully with no turtle encounters.