Chapter 28

A couple hours later, Reichiru woke up as the morning sun shone on her face. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes. She might of been off the streets for a while now, but old habits die hard. Not to mention her back was killing her.

I could of sworn I fell asleep on the bed. She thought to herself, standing up and seeing Koaru halfway of the bed and Hikaru seeming to be taking up the majority. Oh. That's what happened. Yawning, Reichiru figured it wouldn't help her to fall back asleep, so she just headed to her bathroom to get ready for the day.

Gazing at herself in the mirror, Reichiru thought back to when she first got to the mansion. Long tangled hair, sunk eyes, pale and cracking skin. Completely different from the Reichiru she was starting at now. He hair was no longer tangled and now had grown to about shoulder length, her skin was smooth and healthier, and her eyes shone with life. F someone had told her a few months ago that this would be her life, Reichiru would of just laughed then punched them in the face.

"Everything is so different now. I have food, a warm home... a family. A boyfriend... it's all so... different." She murmured to herself. A sudden feeling of homesickness rose up in her chest, and a second later, Reichiru had made a plan.

After getting dressed in some warm clothing, and writing a note of where she was going, Reichiru headed out of the mansion, hands in her pockets and her breath billowing out in the cold air.

As she got downtown, Reichiru walked into the park, sitting down at a bench she had slept on many night before the cops chased her out. Leaning back, she watched as a drunk pair shouted angrily at each other, their friends making an attempt to break up to two.

The feeling of homesickness strengthened. And she tightened her fists that lay in her lap. She remembered that when she was on the streets, she hated watching the rich people walking by, flaunting their wealth with their expensive designer clothing, sending disgusted looked towards her and the other kids on the streets. "And now look at me, I've become one of them." She muttered to herself, her eyes starting to water. She had been so lost in her thought that she didn't hear the footsteps getting closer to her.

"Hey, everything okay there, miss?" A voice asked, and Reichiru looked up, seeing a boy about her age looking down at her with a slightly concerned look on his face. He seemed familiar to her, but she couldn't exactly place it.

"Hm? Oh yeah, just thinking about things." She answered as she wiped her eyes. "I don't know what's come over me all of a sudden, I'm not normally like this."

The boy chuckled, and sat down next to Reichiru. "Want to talk about it? That usually helps me feel better."

"I don't even know your name, and you expect me to tell you exactly what's bothering me?" Reichiru asked, raising an eyebrow.

He laughed. "Right, well, I'm Teruya Soichiro."

"Teruya? As in the pop idol Teruya?" Reichiru asked, her eyes widening slightly.

He laughed, and scratched the back of his head, "Yeah. That's me."

"Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Reichiru."

"You're not shocked? Normally girls ask for my autograph." Teruya said, slightly surprised. "I'm kinda a big shot."

"What? You want me to freak out and bring attention to the two of us? Personally, I don't want my name in the news again. Besides, I already know a few big shots myself."

"Again?"

"Long story." Reichiru answered.

Teruya raised an eyebrow, looking at Reichiru with a skeptical gaze. "I'm not talking to a murderer, am I?"

Reichiru let out a small laugh, "It's nothing like that. It was a big story for a while. I guess when you find a missing Triplett on the streets it's a big deal."

"Wait... Rei?" Teruya asked.

"Hm? How'd you... know... that- oh my god." Reichiru jumped up from the bench and stared at the boy sitting in front of her with wide eyes. "Chi?"

"Wait up, Chi! You're going to fast!" A child Reichiru shouted.

"Well, you want to survive on the streets, don't ya Rei?" A little boy asked, a wide grin on his face. "The you gotta be quick!" With that, he disappeared over a pile of cardboard, and Reichiru scurried over it, catching up to him after safely over the pile.

Soichio had been the one who taught her how to live on the streets. How to steal, avoid the cops, he taught her everything she needed to know to survive on the streets. They were best friends, until one day-

"Hey, get back here you two!" A cop shouted, chasing after both Soichio and Reichiru. He had pulled his radio to his mouth, shouting into it. "In pursuit of two kids, one matching the description of the missing Hitachiin."

"Rei! Into the alleyway, quick!" Soichio shouted, pushing the child into the alleyway they had just passed.

Stumbling back, Reichiru tripped and fell back into a pile of discarded carpets. Peeking out from her spot, she watched as the cop grabbed hold of Soichio.

"You're coming with me. Don't worry, I won't hurt you." The older man soothed, a warm smile on his face.

The two struggled with each other before the cop finally picked Soichio and draped the struggling boy over his shoulder. Looking down the alleyway where Reichiru was hiding, he took a few steps forwards, flashing his flashlight around. Reichiru hid behind the pile of carpets, making sure she was completely hidden from the searching light.

"Damn. Lost her." He muttered. "Well, I'd better get you to the station. But now we know where that little girl is."

"Chi! You're okay!" Reichiru shouted, a wide smile appearing on her face. "What- what happened after that cop got to you?"

Teruya thought for a second, "Well, after they realized my parents were out of the picture, they placed me into an orphanage. I was adopted by an older couple who weren't able to have any children of their own anymore. I found a passion for music, and here I am, pop idol Teruya. What about you, I assuming you don't lie on the streets anymore... did the same happen with you?"

"Ah well, not exactly. I was on the streets until a few months ago. And then, well, my brothers found me."

"Brothers, no way. Independent Little Rei has brothers? What are their names?"

"Don't freak out, alright?" Reichiru said. "Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin."

Teruya's eyes widened, and he waved his arms around, a high pitched screech coming from his tightly closed lips. After his little freak out, he took a deep breath. "You. The one who hated those pampered pooches is a Hitachiin? One of the most influential family in Japan?"

"Yeah... but I mean, with you being a pop idol, you're a pampered pooch as well." Reichiru stated, sitting back down on the bench again.

"Yeah. We've both changed a lot, haven't we?"

Reichiru nodded, looking towards the sun rise. "That's not always a bad thing I guess. As long as we never forget our pasts on the streets."

"Yeah. I'm glad I found my best friend again."

"Me too."

_______________
Before people freak out about the new character, I do not intend on making a love triangle. I personally hate love triangles. I'm sorry if I disappoint anyone with this, but Rei and Chi will stay friends.
(Not meaning to be rude, you can ship them if you want, I don't mind. They're just not gonna be a couple/ there is not going to be a love triangle)
-Sin