Chapter 3

The three of them were sitting in a limo, Reichiru placed between Hikaru and Kaoru as she looked around. She couldn't remember the last time she had been in a limo, she knew she must of if she was a Hitachiin.

"So, who were each of those people you two were with?" She asked, breaking the silence that had settled in the vehicle.

"Oh, that was the host club." Hikaru said, a smile on his face.

"The host club?" Reichiru asked, "You mean a club where you guys entertain girls?" She was unamused. Of course there was a host club full of the pampered pooches.

"Pretty much, yeah." Kaoru said. "Hey! Maybe you could join it!"

"We could always use something more for our act." Hikaru suggested.

"How about no way in hell?" Reichiru asked.

The two looked at her, then at each other, a smirk on their faces.

"Oh you'll join one way or another." Hikaru taunted.

"You are our triplet after all." Kaoru finished.

"Still no, there is no way in hell I'm joining a club like that." Reichiru said.

"We're here." The driver said.

"Thank you." The two boys said, Raichiru was just quiet, ignoring the fact that the driver was there.

They stepped out, and Reichiru looked up at the giant mansion. "No way." She said. "It's huge."

"You don't remember it?" Hikaru asked, looking at her.

Reichiru looked at him, "Nothing at all." She answered blandly.

"Well, maybe you'll remember stuff once we step inside." Hikaru suggested.

"Yeah. It'll be just like when we were little." Kaoru agreed, grabbing her other hand. "And mom should be home."

The three of them walked up to the front door, opening it easily. They were greeted by a man who was cleaning something near the entrance.

"Welcome back, young masters." He said, bowing slightly.

"Where's mom?" They asked, getting straight to the point.

"She's in the dining room."

"Thanks!"

The three of them walked through the hallways, and looking around, everything around her seemed to be strangely familiar, but she couldn't seem to remember anything specific about the maze of hallways.

"Mom! We're home!" The two exclaimed once they got to a room.

"Welcome back you two." A vaguely familiar voice said, and Reichiru looked between her brothers to see a woman with short hair looking at them with a. Warm smile on her face and a cup of coffee in her hand.

"It's not just two of us." Hikaru said with a smile.

"What do you mean, dear? Did you bring a friend?"

The two separated, and Reichiru watched as the woman dropped the cup she was holding. "Reichiru?" She asked, her voice almost in a whisper.

Reichiru looked at her, nodding slightly. "Hi... Mom?" She said, looking at the woman, who she was assumed was their mother.

"Reichiru, my darling daughter!" She exclaimed loudly, standing up from her seat at the table and rushing over, wrapping her arms around Reichiru.

Reichiru tensed at the contact, this woman might of been her mother, but she had no recollection of her in her memories. To her, it felt as if a sobbing stranger was wrapping her arms around her.

She was released after a minute or two, and her 'mom' clapped her hands together and a smile made her way to her face. "Let me show you to your room. I bet you'll want to see it after all these years!"

"My room?"

"Yes! I haven't changed a thing from your room. I had always hoped you would come back." Her voice held sadness at the last part. She turned around and walked out of the room, the three of them followed behind her as they headed up the stairs.

When they stopped, Rechiru looked around her to see a closed door, her mom reached forwards and turned the handle, the door opened to reveal an eggshell white room, a canopy bed was off to the side, there were two giant toy boxes that were open, and toys were spilling out of it, along with a child's desk in front of the giant window. Though the room seemed to be barren, as if it were missing a couple things.

"I haven't moved a single thing from your room since then." Her mom stated as they all stepped inside. "Though... after a while I had to move Hikaru and Kaoru's things into a different room because they couldn't sleep in the room without you." She turned back to the three, and waved a dismissive hand, "I'll have stuff shipped in for you, since you've obviously outgrown most of this stuff."

"Obviously." Reichiru muttered, glancing at an outfit that had been left out and not been moved for years. It looked ten sizes too small.

"Anyways, I'll leave you to settle in, and wash up." She glanced at her daughter, and then turned around, ushering Hikaru and Kaoru out of the room. "We'll be downstairs once you're ready. I'll make sure to have someone drop off some clothes for you to change into."

The door shut after they left, and Reichiru let out a sigh. She couldn't really believe this was all happening. She had gone from a struggling street rat to a pampered pooch, the type of person she hated the most. She headed to what she assumed was the bathroom, and started up a bath. Then as it filled up, she walked over to the window, looking at how far up she was. She was only on the second floor, and not the fourth, so she wasn't too high up. Once it filled up more, Rechiru walked back over to the bathtub And turned the stream of warm water off before it could overflow. She stood there for a second or two before she decided to strip down and get in.

After washing her hair and body, she stepped out of the tub and let it drain. Watching blandly as the now dirt filled water ran down the drain, then wrapping a towel around her body, she looked at herself in the mirror. It had been a while since she'd seen her reflection in an actual mirror, normally she would look at herself through puddle reflections and store windows as she ran by with stolen food. Those weren't the best things to use for mirrors

Her golden eyes had black circles under them from countless sleepless nights over the years, her skin was an ungodly pale, and her wet aburn hair was completely tangled. She ran her finger through it, though she wasn't even able to get halfway down before they were stopped by a rat's nest.

Sighing, she grabbed the childish comb that was on the counter, and started to work on the tangles in her hair. Half an hour later, she was able to run it through the wet strands easily, though her scalp was stinging from all the tugging and pulling she had done at her hair.

Now that it was combed, she realized how long it had gotten. She hadn't had a single haircut in years, so now, the strands reached almost all the way down to mid back, the ends uneven and messy. She hadn't expected that it would be so short, sure, she would cut it when she had a sharp piece of glass, or got her hands on a knife she would cut it, though even then it was extremely rare that she would cut her hair.

With that, she finished drying herself and peeked out of the bathroom, seeing an outfit placed outside for her. Looking around the room, she didn't see anyone else in there. She stepped out of the bathroom with the towel she had wrapped around herself. Quickly changing into the clothes, she looked at herself in the full body mirror that she hadn't noticed before. she had been given some skinny jeans that were ripped for style, along with a red tank top and a white jacket. She didn't feel right in these clothes. They were too clean, too nice for her.

You're a Hitachiin... You get only the best. She thought to herself. She still couldn't believe it though, she didn't want to be part of one of the richest familes in Japan. "Hitachiin Reichiru..." She muttered, even the name didn't feel right in her mouth. Well you'd better get used to it. She thought. Then walked to the door, heading out into the hallway and looking down it towards the stairs.

Taking a deep breath, she moved he feet towards the stairs, walking away from her life as a street rat, and into the life of a pampered pooch.