Chapter 24

After taking a warm shower and changing clothes, Reichiru was sitting at her desk, her pencil tapping the wood lightly as she attempted to finish up the algebra homework she had due that day.

"Miss Reichiru?" A voice said, and the girl looked to see a maid peeking into her room. "Oh, you're already awake. Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes."

"Alright." Reichiru stated, glancing at the clock and noticing it was now close to 7:00. Damn. I didn't sleep at all last night. She thought. Well, I'll hopefully be able to make it through the day. With a sigh, she stood up from her desk and placed all her school books and papers into her book bag before heading to the closet and grabbing the atrocious uniform.

After changing, she stepped out of her room, through the halls, and down the stairs towards the kitchen.

When she arrived, she noticed maids and butlers milling about. Some people working on setting the table, and some cleaning their room- mainly dusting off objects and wiping down the table. Along with the bustle of the people around her, the smell of fresh bread was surrounding her and causing her mouth to water.

Before one of the butlers or maids noticed her standing there, she turned out of the room and sat on the couch in the entertainment room, relaxing into the cushions and closing her eyes. Hopefully she would be able to catch a few winks of sleep before she had to do anything that day.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. A minute after she closed her eyes, her phone started ringing.

"Yes?" She answered.

"Wow, you sound absolutely exhausted." Kasanoda's voice came over the phone, sounding as tired as she felt.

"Look who's talking. You sound like you haven't slept in days." Reichiru retorted.

"Well, all I know is that I don't want to sit through classes today. Wanna ditch school with me?"

Reichiru thought for a second. "My brothers would kill me... Why not." She said, "where should we meet?"

"My house?" Kasanoda suggested.

"I'lol head right over." Reichiru stated, "I'll be there soon!" With that, she hung up her phone and hurried back to her room- there was no way she was going to wear the abomination of a uniform she was in currently.

After changing into some jeans and a plain white T-shirt, Reichiru walked out of the house- making sure she wasn't seen by any of the workers. After she was off of the property, she started to hurry down the sidewalk towards the Kasanoda syndicate.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

When she got there, she saw Kasanoda standing at the gate, his hair messed up- still damp form the lake- and his expression looking tired.

"Noda!" She exclaimed, running up to him and wrapping her arms around him.

"Woah, you're acting like you haven't seen me in forever."

"Well a couple hours is just so lo-lo-long" she said, yawning nearing the end of the sentence.

"You look like a mess." Kasanoda stated.

"You're no prize either."

"Is that anything to say to your boyfriend."

"I can say whatever I fuckin want." Reichiru said, puffing her cheeks up in mock anger.

Chuckling, Kasanoda grabbed Reichiru's hand. "How about we hang out in my room for a while."

"Sounds good to me." Reichiru said.

With that, the two of them walked to Kasanoda's room, where he closed the door and the two placed themselves on the edge of his bed.

"Damn, this is so comfy..." Reichiru muttered tiredly, "I could just fall asleep right now."

"Who's stopping you?" Kasanoda asked, laying down on the bed, his legs hanging over the edge.

Reichiru looked down at him then did the same, looking up at the celling with a tired gaze before closing her eyes. "Let's just... sleep for a bit, 'Kay Noda?" She asked softly.

"No objections here." Kasanoda said himself and the two fell into silence- the only sound was their breathing, slowing down until it was obvious they had fallen asleep.

***

"Young Lord? You're late for school, you should really wake up." Tetsuya said, after a couple minutes of silence, he grabbed hold of the doorknob, "I'm coming in."

He stepped inside stopping at the doorway with a surprised look on his face.

"Oh... I guess I'm interrupting something." He whispered to himself, a small smile on his face as he looked at the bed.

Kasanoda and Reichiru were both asleep, both having shifted closer to each other. Reichiru had brought her legs closer to her chest, and she was facing Kasanoda her head snuggled up into his chest while one of his arms was under Reichiru's head and another hand was under his own head.

Turning around quietly he left the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Where is she?" A voice shouted, and Tetsuya looked up to see two identical auburn haired boys storming through the hallway- being followed by panicked members of the syndicate.

"Where is Rei?" Hiakru shouted with his eyes burning with anger and a trace of panic.

Tetsuya motioned his head towards the doorway, "I wouldn't interrupt them though." He said quietly. That just made the twins more panicked- they were probably imagining something awful since they pushed past Tetsuya and opening the door, stopping once they saw the two asleep.

"Hm? What's with all the noise?" A groggy voice asked, and Reichiru sat up, rubbing her eyes, the golden orbs dull with tiredness. She looked towards the doorway and saw the twins. "Oh... that's all... I'm going back to sleep then night..." with that, she laid back down, moving closer to Kasanoda and easily falling back asleep.

"Maybe... maybe we let them sleep." Hikaru said quietly, getting a shocked glance from Kaoru beside him, before he smiled slightly.

"Yeah..." He muttered as well. "They can sleep."

————————
My HeART.

AH. H THE F L U F F. I LOVE IT.

-Sin