Chapter 8

A couple hours of classes had gone by and the bell finally rung for lunch. Half of the things the teachers were saying Reichiru didn't understand, the other half She just didn't care about.

"Hey, Rei." Hikaru called from the front of the room, causing Reichiru to look up towards him, seeing Hikaru and Kaoru standing with Haruhi at the door.

"We're going to the club room for a meeting, want to join us?" Kaoru offered.

"No thanks." Rechiru said, standing up from her desk.

"Then where are you going to go?" Hikaru asked.

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Outside? Where else. I can't take being stuffed up inside all day. I've spent the past few days in that manor. The more time outside, the better."

"But Rei-" Kaoru started, only for Reichiru to walk past him and down the halls

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I can't run, you idiots. There's a security guard posted at every exit." She called behind her shoulder. She didn't give either of them a chance to say anything more as she quickly rounded the corner.

After some wondering around, Reichiru stopped in the middle of a hallway, realizing she was completely lost.

"Damn it! Why is this stupid school built like a castle!" She shouted out in anger. All the hallways looked the same, the only difference was the signs on the doors. Grumbling to herself, Reichiru tried to look for any signs of a way outside. The only view of the outside she had was the large arched windows lining the halls.

"Hey, you lost?" Someone asked, and Reichiru looked at who had spoken, her golden eyes meeting brown ones.

"What would make you think that?" Reichiru asked coldly, her tone seemed to take the boy by slight surprise, though he seemed to quickly regain his composure, his face seeming to express a tough guy look, one that Reichiru assumed could scare people easily if he tried. Actually he probably didn't even have to try.

"Well, by the way you just yelled out in frustration, I could of only assumed." He answered.

"Wow. Someone should give you an award." Reichiru said, her tone not changing as she looked at the man with an unamused expression on her face.

"You're not that friendly, are you?" He asked.

"I just met you, why should I be friendly?" Reichiru asked, her eyes narrowing. "I just want to go outside."

"Outside?" The boy asked, "Well, I'm headed outside, I could show you the way."

Reichiru looked at him, his facial expression hadn't changed. Though she had to hide the relief she felt at his offer. "Why not. I have no where else to go." She said.

"Alright, then follow me." The boy said, walking forwards and past Reichiru, heading the exact opposite direction that she had been walking.

As they walked Reichiru made a note to remember the way they had walked, she didn't want to end up lost again.

"So, may I ask your name?" The boy asked.

"No." Reichiru answered, leaving the two in an awkward silence.

"You're not that talkative, are you?" The boy asked.

"If I don't need to say anything, I won't." Reichiru answered. Another stretch of silence.

"You look an awfully lot like two annoying guys I know." The boy stated. "Almost exactly like them."

"You like to talk a lot, don't you?" Reichiru answered him, her eyes moving from the hallways to the boy. "I wouldn't think you would."