Chapter 19

"You didn't have to come, Noda." Reichiru stated, looking up at the red haired boy who wa urgently standing by her bed. He had gotten better a couple days after Reichiru had gotten sick, and since he had gotten better, he had been visiting her as much as he could- before the twins told him to stop coming. Of course, that didn't stop him and he ended up resorting to skipping school to visit her.

"Yes I do, I feel guilty that you're sick." Noda admitted, placing a hand on the back of your had.

"Stop that bullshit right there, Noda! That's not like you!" Reichiru proclaimed, letting out a few coughs. "The doctor said it was because I was in a whole building full of sick teens, then he went off on a small rant about kids not taking the time they need to recover, but what can he expect, we're in highschool."

Kasanoda laughed, "You need to get better soon, I've been missing you at school."

"Well, not today you aren't. You should be at school right now- you hooligan." Reichiru teased, sticking her tongue out at Kasanoda. Then she sighed, "I'm sorry about Hikaru and Kaoru pushing you out like that... you know how they can get."

"You don't have to apologize for them." Kasanoda said, "Though, I've been wondering something."

"Hm? What is it?"

"Why do you never call Hikaru and Kaoru your brothers?" Kasanoda asked, and Reichiru's eyes widened a little.

"I guess it's because I don't view them much as my brothers... I grew up on the streets- alone. I really only had myself. And then being suddenly thrust into this life? I just... think it's because I want to keep some part of my street rat life."

"You still got your roughness." Kasanoda said, making an attempt to cheer her up. "And you're still able to scare Tamaki-senpai with a single glare."

"Anyone can do that." Reichiru retorted, looking at him with unamusement.

"True... but still, you're rough, and probably the toughest girl at Ouran I know." His gaze turned soft, something Reichiru had never thought she would see. She ended up looking away to hide a blush that was slowly creeping up her face.

"Damn it, Noda, I swear, your cheesyness will be the end of me." She scolded him lightly.

"Aw, you love me, though." Kasanoda chuckled, and Reichiru looked at him,seeing that he was adverting her gaze. "But... um, Rei. I have something to ask you." His expression did an extreme 180, changing into something Reichiru hadn't seen before.

"What is it Noda? You alright, are you getting sick again? I knew you shouldn't be visiting me!"

"What, no! Rei, don't worry about it. It's just... I've been wondering..." He was choking on his words with his eyes seeming to travel around the room as he spoke. And they ended up landing on Reichiru's eyes. "I-I... Would you mind... going out on a date with me!" He rushed out, a slight blush on his face as he looked at Reichiru.

Reichiru looked at him, slightly taken aback. "Like... a date as a... couple?" She asked.

Kasanoda just remained silent, but he nodded his head as he stared intently at her.

"I don't... I don't know what to say, except..."

"Except what?" Kasanoda asked.

"Except yes, of course I'll go on a date with you." She finished, letting out a few coughs, though managing to keep a smile on her face.

"After you get better, though. I'm not making you get out of your bed while you're still sick." Noda stated, a smile on his face.

"Aw, come on, but what's fun about waiting." Reichiru said, a mischievous look in her eyes.

"I swear, even though you kinda deny it, you're almost just like you're brothers." Kasanoda sighed.

"Come on, Noda! Don't be a downer!" Reichiru said, moving up to punch his arm lightly.

He smiled at her, "I'd love to go out right now, Rei, but I really don't want your brothers on my ass."

"Come on, what can they do?" Reichiru asked. "Prank you?"

"You don't know the extent of some of their pranks. They once pranked the host club into believing they were in a fight. They bough a cure doll from the Black Magic Club."

"Alright, damn, that's evil." Reichiru admitted, "I can't believe they'd go that far for something like that... Well, I doubt they'd mess with me. Their poor, innocent, sick, sister." She widened her eyes to make herself look innocent, though it only made Kasanoda chuckle.

"I'm more worried about you, I'm worried about my sorry ass if they found out."

"So, what about telling him that we're... dating?" Reichiru offered.

"Oh... let's not... just yet."

"Are you seriously that scared of Hikaru and Kaoru?" She asked, looking at him with disbelief.

"What, no!" Kasanoda exclaimed, an almost shamed look crossing his face.

"You totally are! You're a huge wuss!" Reichiru exclaimed, breaking out into coughing. "But I guess... you're my huge wuss, right?"

———————-
Ahhhh He finally confessed, I'm scream!
Sorry for the late upload, I ended up being busy for week, and had a migraine for most of the day today. But, it's out! And I hope you all enjoy!

-Sin