chapter 28

Y/n Pov

I sat down and looked at all the toys there, I actually remembered a few, they used to be some of my favourites, I noticed Leatherface looking at a really old teddy bear, he seemed to remember something about it but that was not really certain if he did, I still had the spoon in my hand, I out it in my pocket, I was going to keep it, i got up and started walking around to see what  else I could find, I accidentally tripped and saw a child sized hole under one of the boulders, I remembered that bubba and i made it, it was a hideout kind of place for the two of us, I remembered that mama pretended to not know about it, "Leatherface, come here for a second" I shouted so he could hear, he heard and walked up to me, he looked down at me sitting on the ground, he then looked at what I was looking at and noticed the hole, he sat down as well, He put the teddy into the hole, I looked around and found a small rock that still had googly eyes on it, I put it in the whole with the Teddy bear, I giggled slightly, I was enjoying getting back memories, it was the best thing ever to get them back, mama walked up to us to see what we were looking at, "oh, your little hideout" she said with a wide smile, "how did we even fit into there?" I asked, Leatherface shrugged, "it was cause you two were the cutest and smallest children ever" mama said and crouched down, "What else did we do here?" I asked, she pointed at a tree "that used to have two swings, they broke off over time" she said, she then got up "It's nice to be able to visit here again" she said happily, I nodded to that, i was so interesting in remembering everything, as happy as I was, the questions of what would have happened to me if they hadn't remembered me filled my mind, the thoughts seemed to take over because going from looking like a kid in a candy store to a kid that just learned that once their pet disappears for a long time that they're never coming back, it went so quick too, mama and Leatherface looked at each other and then back at me, mama out a hand on my shoulder, I got scared and tried crawling away, then I noticed it was just her, I sighed "sorry, I was lost in my thoughts.." I said with a weak smile, I just kept remembering that I could have ended up like My friends, like F/n, just remembering their name made me sad, I almost let the tears out but I didn't, I decided to just try and ignore everything that goes on in my head until we're back home.

Mama pov

She got scared of me, why? That's not normal of her, the look on her face looked very scared after a while it turned from scared to sad, she hid it with a smile but I saw through it, she couldn't hide sadness from me, especially from the times she was sad as a child, I decided now would be a nice time to drink and eat something, "Come you two, it's time for a small snack break" I said and they nodded and followed me, I sat down on the old bench and started going through the bag I took with me, I took out a box, it was a special box filled with goods, then I took out a bottle, I opened the box and it had cookies, I handed the box to the two and they looked at the cookies "You've had cookies all this time?" Y/n asked with shock that she never knew about them, "if you knew I had them, we wouldn't have had them for long" I replied to her, she tried to defend herself but gave up quite soon "Fine, you got me on that one" she said and took two cookies, Leatherface took one, I took one as well and we started eating and chatting together, she seemed to be happy again, truth be told, it's awful seeing her sad, then again, it's natural for her to be sad, she did get taken here by force and then she needed to witness many deaths, the deaths of her friends, I truly feel sorry for her but we needed to survive, this place is quite abandoned after all, we get the other foods from what the people we hunt down had with them, like the cookies.

After we finished eating the cookies and drank a bit, we decided to move on and find another place to go, I knew just the place to go to as well, it was Leatherface's favourite place, Y/n Not so much, it's because she cared so much for animals and couldn't stand to see them die, it was the Slaughter house, we started walking through the woods again, Leatherface out Y/n on His shoulder again because she didn't want to have her feet covered in spiders, poor girl and her fear for Spiders, we walked for quite the while before we made it out of the woods and Leatherface let Y/n Down, she was thankful that she didn't have her feet covered in them, "Where are we going?" She asked curiously as shw followed me, "You'll see, just wait, you're still patient, right?" I said, she shrugged but she understood that I wasn't going to spoil the surprise, at least she behaves nicely, I wouldn't be able to stand it if she didn't, though I know Leatherface will have a better time at the abandoned slaughter house more than she will, that's not really the point of this though, it's to trigger their memories, so that's what we're doing.