Chapter 20 - Triangle

I had crafted five sofa pieces that are currently displayed in the showroom. With beautiful ambiance and proper lighting the beauty of the painted sofa looked more prominent. Ashton looked satisfied. In fact he said he found it very "unique and expensive."

Lucas also came. I heard his a busy man so I wasn't sure either if really had to come for himself regarding materials.

I held my breath as I finally saw Ethan entering the room. He looked tall and powerful. Our eyes met for a second but I changed direction of my sight as soon as I thought. He cleared throat and we all sat in down in a long table across the showroom.

"What do you guys think?" It was Ethan. We are six people in the room and they all nodded in approval.

"I told you boss. She's perfect!" It was Rihanna, the same woman who made board presentation about my work more than a week ago. She was the one who researched about me too.

"Every lobby of the 7 star hotel, every important part, this sofa is going to take praise, the artist is a genius in fact I think this is going to go viral." It was Lucas. If he talks in hyperbole I don't know.

"We will make client excited and proud of this furniture. We're taking magazines to feature them, Mira will get to answer a few interviews. We've set the next Monday after this Monday by that time Mira could have added a few more pieces to the collection enough for photo coverage." It was Neil the head of the marketing team.

"Ashton, we are all confident client is taking us, just make sure nothing goes wrong to flip this situation, the interior design part has got to be perfect." It was Ethan again.

"I got that, Ethan."

"Okay everyone's got to be ready for client presentation on Friday, meeting is adjourned."

"What are still doing here?" I was fixing my plates when I heard Ethan talked I lifted my head to find out he was looking at the direction across, to Lucas.

I put all the pieces I gathered in my bag and said to two boys. "I'm going."

"Hey Mira" before I realised Lucas was already standing beside me. "I've been wanting to ask you since the day we met. But you locked yourself in your apartment so I didn't get the chance."

I looked at his pretty brown eyes. Confused.

"What I mean is, can we go for a coffee?" Before I could react I heard Ethan speak.

"She can't." I looked at the ever cold Mark Ethan.

"Ethan, don't be a kill joy, if you want you can actually go ahead and leave the room, you're killing my moment." Lucas protested.

"Need I remind you this is my building." Ethan said dangerously but Lucas didn't seem to care.

"So does that make her your property?" Lucas answered.

"She's my artist." Ethan said softly but putting emphasis on every word.

"That doesn't answer my question." Lucas was half smiling mocking Ethan. I heard they were close friends since college but are they really?Ethan looked like he was going to choke him now.

I pressed my head like I was having a headache. What are they doing? If they had this chauvinistic women rivalry I'm completely out of this. Before they both come close. I raised my both hands. "Stop it."

I looked at Lucas direction, "I'm sorry I can't go out with you." He looked sad being declined.

I saw Ethan holding his chin up to Lucas. "And you? I'm not an object you possessed just because you hired me in this project." I saw him hardened and his jaw clenched before I left.

I left the room and head towards the building exit. What was he acting? Who does he think he is? I was talking about Ethan and because of annoyance I was walking in long strides.

"Mira wait." I heard somebody called me from behind. The bad thing about it, I felt my heart slightly hoped it was Ethan who would run after me and say sorry. Damn myself what's happening to me. I think I'm really getting insane.

"Wait up." Lucas was grasping his breath. I stopped. "I'm sorry." He said in between breathing.

"It's okay, you didn't have to run after just to say that." I told him with my face blank.

"You don't keep any other emojis?" He said instead which made me confused. What is he talking about, running like that just to ask that question?

"Blank face, Confused face, slightly upset face."

I thought about the words he said, oh my gosh he's talking about my face reactions. "Mr. Hendrix, I believe you not seen my overly upset face yet?" I told him in a challenging look.

His brown eyes got widener. "No, no no, I was just trying to crack a joke."

His joke was not funny. But his reaction was so my face didn't help but draw a smile, I even chuckled a little bit.

"Whoa, smiley face emoji unlocked." He said smiling showing off his beautiful set of teeth.

"Listen, I find you interesting and you looked like you need some diversion. I'm sorry about awhile ago, but I'd still want to ask you again."

Diversion, I need that. My head is almost snapping with Ethan always coming to my head. Lucas though he looked like he actually needed it too rather than he found me interesting. But he looked harmless so I nodded to say yes in approval.

"Cool. Stay here I'll get my car."