Chapter 11 - Her

Ethan's POV

I sat on a stall farther away from Emerald and Gavin. I looked like a jerk, they looked happy laughing with each other, watching Gavin caress Emerald's bare back is driving me insane. I could punch him again like this morning. I warned him already. I grit my teeth.

I watched Emerald pulled Gavin's arm inviting Gavin to dance. I watched her with her flushed cheeks swaying her body to the music. Emerald didn't know how to dance but this woman looked like a party girl. She pushed Gavin to a circle of women. She was left alone dancing sexily, two men approaching her. God, She's driving me insane. I stood up the stall, I need to take her out here now. But I saw her stood up and stopped dancing leaving the men in disappointment. Good girl. I sat back as watched her drink. Emerald didn't know how to drink but this woman now looked like she's tasted a lot of alcohol. There were men who tried to approach her which she dismissed, who wouldn't get her attention, her dress looked so damn hot and revealing. I was so upset when I saw her walked out the cabin wearing it. She looked dazzling her black contact lenses, red lips matching the black dress that complimented her skin. Though I still preferred her emerald green eyes but not just the ones I saw a while ago at the beach. What the fuck was wrong with her? I knew now she wasn't drowning herself but she got me so worried. Emerald didn't jump cliffs and held breath like that. I knew I taught her to swim but she was not adventurous type. Her words linger on my head. "Many years ago, I died already." I wanted to ask, shake her off so she could talk some sense but seeing her hollow green eyes shook me.

She bothers me. Everything about her bothers me since I saw her from the airport.

"Gavin!" I froze to hear her voice for the first time.

"Hey, look at you you look awesome in person than talking to you in Facebook chat huh?"

I saw her smile. I know they've been talking. My mind got clouded by the sight of Gavin embracing and twirling Emerald like his girl. Is he coming here to hook up with her? I know Gavin's a certified hooker. I greet my teeth Emerald is a close family or probably was he should stay out of her.

"Eheem" I cleared my throat. Emerald stood there for a few moment before looking at my direction. I froze. Where's Emerald? I looked quietly and searched her face she did look like Emerald,  but Emerald looked timid this girl in front of me looked head strong. Emerald had innocent expressions, this woman looked more confident. Hell, Old Emerald was not totally innocent I rounded my fist of the thought. I looked in her in the eyes intently searching for something, where were her emerald green eyes?

I heard Gavin cleared throat. I walked closer so I can greet her. But I saw two crystal shining which ran her cheeks. Did she just tear?

"Uh, Are we playing staring game?" It was Gavin.

"I'm sorry Gavin I have to use the restroom." Then I saw ran away.

"Geez man, your staring like a haunting ghost your scaring her." Gavin remarked before he walked to the rest room to follow Emerald.

I followed his direction and I saw Emerald coming out from the restroom. I don't know why her tearing up worried me. Gavin was talking to her. I glanced at her direction and saw her big black eyes. "Sorry about my acting... I was really surprised... I thought he was dead!"

I rounded my fist and grit my teeth on her remark. Dead. Perfect, because I was just dead person that came from the grave. No wonder why she was staring at me like she's seen a ghost. She could only have wished me dead after I rang her boyfriend's neck. I felt mad. It's been a long time and I didn't expect this from her. We've been friends even more than that for christ sake.

I stood up when I saw her head already swaying. Damn, such irresponsible woman. She's drunk too much and she's not stopping.

"You've drank too much that's enough!" I hissed. She stopped for a moment looking at me like I was stranger then she bursted out to laughter.

"You looking nothing but an always upset jerk!"  I could feel her the tips of her finger she was pointing in my chest then in my face. It ached me inside I wanted to drag her to me and devour her like I always wanted since the first time I saw from the airport.

"You're an ogre, ugly ogre, your name is Shriek!" She laughed even more. She was laughing but why do I see her eyes so sad, even more sad than I saw her in the garden last night. Like it's crying inside.

"Stop it! You're drunk."

I hiccuped and her eyes grew wide. "Oh my God No, I'm not drunk.! She changed her expression and she looked funny there.

"Yes you are and I'm taking you to your room."

I took her from my back and deposited her small body in my shoulder. I felt she protested and jerked so I secured her body even more. When she lost her energy to protest. I heard her murmur.

"Hateful scumbag..."

I froze on Emerald's remark. Her head fell off my shoulder. She passed out. I stood her up from my back, I turned and changed her position now lifting her bridal style. She's got really nice figure but she still feels so light in my arms.

"Hateful scumbag..." I repeated the word bitterly.  I could say the same.

"What happened?" I headed Gavin from the back.

"Isn't it obvious. She passed out. You were supposed to be with her." I said angrily.

"It's obvious too you don't want me around her you were watching us from a far?!" Gavin explained.

I fell silent. "Go grab her purse!" He took her purse and he offered his both wrists to I could transfer Emerald's body to his. I raised my eyebrows.

"Give me the purse and stay away from her." I barked at him.

"Okay!" He hung her purse to my fingers and raised his arms. "Geez bro, You're my cousin but sometimes, I really don't understand you."

I turned around to walk her in her cabin. Feeling her in my arms, I don't understand myself either. I and Emerald could just be a part of each others history. But I'm sick how she still has this effect on me.

I reached the cabin and have to get her key. I stood her up on her feet my arm wrapping around her body, resting her head on my shoulder. I fought every inch of my muscle to stop myself from squeezing her by my longing embrace. I opened the door and lifted her up again, I could smell the familiar scent of pink climbing roses the ones at our garden when I entered the door. I went towards the direction of the bed and slowly deposited her. I watched her face and fought the urge to touch her. Right now she's puzzling me. I see she's doing well as an artist and I heard she was doing well with her life too she even got engaged but what happened? What happened to my precious Emerald? I was not able to control myself but touch her face gently. She moved and heard her soft murmur.

"Please go away, please go away now...

I saw some tears slid from her shut eyes, she looked miserable and pained.

"Ethan, go away. I hate you. I hate so much." Her words stabbed my chest. She still hates me after all those years.

I grit my teeth and stood up. I hated you too Emerald and I could walk out of your life forever once we're done with our business.