Chapter 12 - Hangover

I woke up feeling the bright sunshine that managed to slip through the curtain. I immediately pressed my hand to my forehead. Argh, my head is throbbing. I stood up trying to balance myself as I went to the direction of small fridge to grab some water.

I went to the toilet to wash my face. I looked my self in the mirror. Shit. My contact lenses. I removed them immediately it slightly got my eyes irritated. I had been wearing black contact lenses for many years now. I hated my eyes, they were green and they made me vulnerable. Maybe because it's different so they'd interest them or me because I was the holder of the eyes.

I was drunk but I swear I could remember Ethan approached me and stopped me from drinking. I laughed at his face. What? What did I do? I looked stupid.

My phone rang. It was a text from Gavin.

"Hey come down and have some breakfast I'm at the resto." I better come down and ask him what happened.

I slipped out of my dress and changed into a grey oversized sweater and a short shorts. I had to rest my eyes for a while so I didn't wear contact lenses but wore shades. I looked around when I came to the restaurant but Gavin was not around, I saw Ethan which was on the table near I was standing, his face covered by newspapers. I turned before he could see me but he called me out.

 I turned before he could see me but he called me out

"Emerald, sit down and have some breakfast." I bit my lip, he and his authoritative tone again. I cleared my throat like there's a big lump in there and walked to the direction of his table.

"Where's Gavin?" I asked him instead.

"He should be right here." He sounded plain. He called me in but I didn't think he looked interested to have breakfast with me at all. He signalled for a waitress and ordered some food. Argh, my head was killing me I kept pressing on my temple.

"Hungover?" He raised his head from the newspaper to look at me, his deep blue eyes had blank expression.

"Yeah" I said dryly. I can't imagine the rest of what happened last night but with Ethan's expression Gavin might have saved me from last night.

The waiter placed the food on the table. Orange juice, Mushroom omelet with cheese, Oatmeal with sliced of bananas and strawberries, bacon and mango crepe. I'm starving.

"I'm not sure about the bacon but eat the rest they're good for hungover." He said after awhile.

"Can I have some black coffee please." I was talking to the waitress.

"Nah, she doesn't need it. Bring her aspirin please." She dismissed the waitress.

"What? Why did you tell her that?" His pissing me off in the morning.

"Caffeine is just going to prolong your agony. Especially the bitter ones." Sarcasm formed on his lips. Is he taunting me?

"You don't know what you're talking about caffeine makes people go farther." I replied.

"Caffeine can only do you so much, you should be avoid drinking too much alcohol." He said looking at me.

Some images flashed last night. I imagined myself looking an idiot in front of him. I pressed my temple again I hate this feeling I want to bang my head. I don't think I can manage this with Ethan. I stood up. I have to get to the bar and get some coffee but before I could take a step away he grabbed my arm. I watched his big hand circling my arm. It electrified me.

"Sit down." He pulled back to sit on the chair on his side. I hate him doing that like he has power over me.

"Eat your meal. You have to be in good state when we talk about your job offer." Need I remind myself that's his reason for coming here.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" I asked.

"Not at your state I don't think you can comprehend what's going to be written in your contract."

He pushed his hot chocolate he ordered for himself to my direction, stood up and left.

Gavin came after in a puzzled look. He grabbed some waffles and sat down to eat.

"What happened last night?" I asked him.

"Nothing much, except you got drunk and Ethan took you to your room." He said between eating like it wasn't a big deal.

"You let him take me?" I raised my voice.

"Why not? Come to think of it between me and Ethan aren't you the ones that's really close?"

I glared at him feeling more nauseous on his remark. He was eyeing the bowl of oatmeal but I pulled it to my direction took a spoonful and shoved it into my mouth.

I'm stupid.