Chapter 9 - Drown

It's 5:30 pm in the afternoon. I decided to go out of my cabin and bring myself to a secluded part of the beach. I saw on a blog when I googled the place, there was a rocky part where you can climb on one of the rocks and do cliff jumping. After what happened in the morning, I just spent most of the time in the cabin, at lunch I met with Gavin at the restaurant, we ate and went back to the cabin again, I haven't seen Ethan since, he might have locked himself inside his cabin I don't know and I didn't ask, he's busy man. I thought its way better I don't see him.

I stopped walking when I realized I arrived at the spot. It looked nice. I smiled. There were small and big rock formations lying in soft cream powdery sand. The waves come crashing smoothly on the rocks and sand. I removed my white body cover, revealing a dark orange bikini. I felt soft waves on my feet and immediately liked the warm water, I liked the place too because right now I have it all alone.

I walked slowly deeper into the sea, I reached at one of the rocks and slowly climbed on it. It was nice view on the top, I looked at the horizon, the sun was almost setting, bading the end of the day. The Earth must be lucky, God gets to end its day, if it was a bad day, it ends and gets to have another day and a hope of sunshine. While my life, I don't know if its day or night, happy or sad, sometimes I don't know the feeling between excitement and boredom. I don't know about hope is suppose to be a warm feeling, but I kept going,  I kept going because that what was asked for a human. To survive because the worst part, you can't be the one to end it.

I looked down on the blue water now painted with a glint of orange and purple. It looked deep on this side. It reminded me of someones eyes. Deep ocean blue with a dot of brown on the upper part of his left eye. I stopped, shook off my head and jumped from on top of the rock with my toes first. I felt the water crashed against my body. I closed my eyes as I dipped deeper into the water. I couldn't feel if was warm or cold. But my muscle relaxed, down here I couldn't feel if I was angry, frustrated or hurt. I kept myself from floating yet, I want to stay in the depth as long as I can hold my breath. Maybe if I do this I get my feelings drown for Ethan... Ethan... yes Ethan. The person who've been bothering me my whole life. And when I thought I was calm and moving on his here again confusing every inch of me. I had my eyes remained close, to feel the calmness of water embracing all over me. I wanted that when I rose up here and face him, he would not see me like that, like how I acted on the airport, or how I felt when he kissed me on the cheek or how he had me blushing.  This has to end. I had to see this day end for me.

My thoughts were rattled when I heared strong splash of water, someone had just dove in front of me. I tried opening my eyes but was hard to see underwater, I felt strong hands on both of my shoulders trying to lift me, the person must have thought I was drowning, I widened my vision, though I could see he was a man, but who actually came down to the water to get me? I drank part of the water when I realised who he was. Ethan?! I was surprised to react, before I realised I felt his lips clasped into mine. I breathed. I breathed him pulling his air inside his mouth. I didn't realize I was grasping for breath until he gave me air and how that air made me feel alive like the dusk of dawn promising the warmth of sunshine.

He rose me up and swam me to the shallow water. Before I could react, he lashed to me angrily "What's the stupid act? Were you trying to get yourself killed?" I looked at his angry eyes. The cold wind took all the warmth from the inside of me. I knew the feeling under water was short lived. Now I can feel chills inside my spine and my heart hardened. The feeling that I get to familiarize since the day he left me.

From my face looking straight at the sunshine almost dipped at the horizon,  I moved my head to shut him up with an empty glare,  slowly I removed his hand on my arm, I sighed, "Many years, ago I died already." I've emphasized each syllable. He must have taken my words. Because he fell silent and stood there like a stone statue. I took the time to walk to the shore, took my bikini cover and left.