Chapter 7 - Blush

"Jeez Emmie why did your car have to be small."

It was Gavin, we we're 2 hours driving from the ancestral house in Tagaytay. I wouldn't blame him. It's been quite a long drive and my car is a compact one.

"Because I'm only a tiny creature and the car is not built for you." I said plainly.

I could see his legs are all cramped up in a shabby space. I bit my lip to help myself from smiling. 

"What's funny with this?" He said frustratedly.

"You're such a nuisance." I told Gavin.

"You wouldn't like me if I wasn't." He said with a wink which made me roll my eyes.

What's up with Gavin? He'd been acting strange. He's being a flirt, but I doubt If he really sees me as an object to flirt with, he liked blondes. I thought he's practicing his cool for meeting some girls later. I let out a small laugh at the thought and told him. "Yeah, right!"

My eyes took me to the rear view mirror and saw Ethan doesn't look like his happy with his situation either. Maybe he's legs are cramped too. Well generally he really didn't look happy since he arrived. He wasn't here for fun or to see his old stupid "acquaintance", his here for business. If he didn't like coming here, he could have anyone who works for him actually come here and talk about the preposition, he's damn CEO.

I looked up and saw the town arc. We've just made it to Calatagan. Not long we entered the gates of the resort as soon I stopped I heared the door of my car slammed. Gavin got out of the car immediately like an excited young boy.

It's February and it was nice weather for the beach. The sun was not scorching hot like the summer days, just right. I was wearing a simple blue two-piece bikini. My wrist were adorned with sets of island bracelets, blue, orange, brown, I like them.  Gavin persistently asks us to play beach volley so I came down from the Cabin.

"Emmie!" I looked at the direction of who's calling and saw Gavin sitting on a white canvass chair. Ethan was sitting on his side I saw he was wearing sun glasses, looking like a gooddamn heartbreaker, I rolled my hands into fists and prevented myself to look more.

Gavin stood up and came near me. He took my hand and next thing he was twirling me like a girl in the music box.

"Gavin, stop that." I laughed at his gesture. 

"You sexy girl and I like it."  I rose the one side of my eyebrow, he's puzzling me. I still managed to say thank you and stepped away to go lay on the beach chair when he suddenly grabbed me on my waist and pulled me near him.

"Ethan, did you remember Emmie having curbs like this? I'm guessing she was pretty much a lanky looking girl when girl when you left."

I almost choked. I wanted to kick Gavin in the chest. I couldn't help myself but look at Ethan's direction. I could imagine his eyes behind his sun glasses actually assessing every inch of my body, again assumptions when I should I have known best. I thought to myself with disappointment. I don't think I'd be an interest. But I still felt nervous his features aren't moving except his adam's apple rising up and under, and his lips shaped into a thin line. Wait... Is he upset? My eyes continued looking from his chest down to his perfect abs coming out from his white unbuttoned polo shirt. Heat rushed in my head and covered my cheeks.

He opened his mouth to speak. "I remember her as a blushing little child. Looks like it still didn't change." He said plainly, sounded uninterested.

My world stopped for a few seconds, I smiled bitterly, I was young, blushing and stupid little child, of course. I could hear Gavin commenting, but I can no longer comprehend. I wanted to run away and hide behind the kitchen door like I used too. I knew it. I could have done better alibi and not come here. "I'll just go get myself a drink." I broke their conversation and walked away.

I sat at the bar and asked the bartender for a glass of green mango shake. I needed that to calm my nerves. I was upset I could feel my body shaking. I really doubt now if I can stand with Ethan much more working with him. I feel very disappointed with myself. Why was he affecting me this way, so much, it's squeezing my chest? I pulled my hair away from my face, my heart feeling heavier, the crystal liquid were forming again in my eyes, I stood up from the stall to rush to the restroom. On my first stride, I heard rambling noise and stopped to look at the direction of where the two boys were. I was shocked. I just saw Ethan hit Gavin. I immediately run to their direction, seeing Gavin laid on the sand.

"Gavin! Oh my Goodness Gavin. Are you okay?" He stood and spat blood. I held up his chin to check his bleeding mouth.

"What the hell was in your crazy head?" I shouted at Ethan angrily, I could see his blue eyes flaming in anger but he didn't answer, instead he walked away from our direction.

"What was that about?" I asked Gavin confused. He fell silent for a while.

"Remember when we were teenager, on spring break vacation here in the PH. I had stitches on my upper lip. Ethan was so upset when he saw us held hands.

I was taken aback. Yes, my memory remembers. Every memory with Ethan I remember very well. Sadness crept my eyes.

"I don't understand." I asked him confused.

"What I know is I don't understand both you." He looked at me like questioning then left.