Chapter 3 - Mystery

It was Gavin all the time speaking inside the car. I would nod, laugh and comment on the stories when Gavin would tell stories about his mom, dad and sister. He's got a ball of energy or maybe he was trying hard to save everyone in this dark situation inside the car.

The other man who's sitted at the back of the car hasn't said any word. Maybe he's mute.

"While Ethan, Ethan here has gotten something big. You know Emmie? He's now a CEO. His furniture designs have made it really big and he's supplied to every mall, all across the US and Dubai. You're penetrating China yeah bro?"

Ethan nod. Just nod? another thought from me.

"Hey what's wrong with you?" Gavin

"Nothing, I just have headache." I slightly glanced from the rearview mirror and saw him massaging his temple. He's changed a lot. His grown a lot more mature and handsome... "
What? I suddenly reacted to myself and focused on the road.

"Jet lag is real!" Gavin chuckled.

I stopped the car after 2 hours of driving. I honked the horn and waited for a woman to open the gate and went inside and old but we'll maintained mansion. I opened my car door and smelled the fresh pine tress. This house had a lot of good. And bad memories. I let out a big sighed trying to get strength before I got out of the car. I immediately hugged the woman of early sixties same woman who opened the gate for us. I missed her.

"Aunt Lily!" I grasped smelling his familiar comforting scent.

"Aunt Lily intentionally hit my arm, 2 years and you never set foot in this house until now." I looked down feeling guilty. "You!" Slapped Gavin in the butt. "Aww" he exclaimed. "I'm not based here unlike Emmie!"  She was just kidding him and she eventually hugged him. "And you! Oh my god for goodness sake, you've grown really handsome!" They both smiled and hugged each other. Why did he didn't get a slap? His head had to be hit by a hammer. I thought.

We were eating at the dining table Aunt Lilly had prepared for all of us. Gavin was obviously enjoying his meal. Ethan was still in his emotionless gesture.

"I prepared all the rooms. Ethan you use the masters. Gavin..."

"Yep the room that I have been using, I got to leave and unpack. Thank you Aunt the food was really awesome, he kissed Aunt on the cheek then bent to kiss me, I was a bit surprise by his gesture "I'm looking forward to our bonding moments" he smiled sweetly and winked at me before he walked away heading to his room.

"Emerald. You use the one across Ethans" Aunt Lilly continued.

"Aunt Lilly, sorry but I have to head back to the gallery, I really have a work on the rush... "

"Emerald, we've talked about this. I am leaving tomorrow and there's no one to accompany the boys." Aunt was saying in a disappointed tone.

"That's the plan but apparently I got a call and...

"Emerald. You stay. I need to talk you."

I cut myself and looked on the side of the man who just spoke, for the first time since we got to the airport. I got almost shocked. He spoke to me and not just he spoke to me, he used an authoritative manner to do that. Yeah he had been like that but not very much of that like now. He sounded like he was giving an order it pissed me off. Oh I thought maybe he got that perfect because he's now CEO. I smiled sarcastically.

"You can't order me like I am servant here. I am used to be that, but you see? I'm no longer that." I knew it, once I opened my mouth and speak to him I would spit out words of hate.

"I am not ordering you. I am telling." He said plainly.

I opened my mouth to answer but aunt raised her two arms to stop us.

"Emerald, how dare you talk like that... you still owed your carrier to his family..." and "Please Emerald do not argue with me right now. I won't allow you to leave. You agreed before hand that you were staying. It seemed like you dread this place so much that you even do not visit you're aunt even though you're just an in another city."

I had my tongue tied. Then again that deep blue eyes is staring at me. What am I going to do, I initially agreed because I didn't on earth know he was coming, I don't think I can be near him. I don't trust myself with him around. But why does I even think of that, it's been eight long years, you don't even know this man has married. What? Why was that even in my head. I absolutely have nothing to do with his life now.

"Okay." I could feel the word I said stabbed my chest but I think it's futile to argue with my aunt. Not right now.

I stood up and kissed Aunt Lilly on the cheek. I have a plan of not getting out my room. At least I bought some of my stuff with me because of the original plan. This wasn't going to be good. I feared for myself even staying with Ethan for a day, I doubt if I could last without him seeing me break.

But no, he wouldn't. Never again.