Chapter 35🌟Jinxed🌟

❝ Good Charm, Bad Charm, Good Luck, Bad Luck, is it all just a mind game, or is it not? ❞

_______________________________________________

MEERA'S POV

" You're jinxed..."

" No one can love you, and even if anyone did, they'd suffer... a lot..."

" You should vanish somewhere..."

" Kush deserves so much better..."

" You're not meant for love..."

" No! Please... Stop... Please..." I covered my ears with my palms but those words didn't stop.

" Meera... Sssshhhh... It's alright. I'm right here." As the reality struck me, I felt Kush's warm embrace around me, as he rubbed my back, patting my head while calming me.

I hugged him tighter as my tears wet his t-shirt. His smelled so fresh while I was all messy and crappy. After a moment I let him go, he wiped my tears, his amber eyes looking right through me.

There's a moment when I feel he pities me, a moment when I feel he does this for my parents, but then his eyes, the way he looks right through me proves that he's with me only and only because he loves me.

I can't be luckier or more grateful but having him by my side, but I'm sure he's the unluckiest of all. Just the thought of the pain he went through brought another round of fresh tears. I hate myself for holding him. I hate myself for making the only man I ever loved so miserable.

" Meera..." Just as he says my name in the calmest way makes me melt.

" I feel so damn guilty for the Mumbai trip. Since then your eyes haven't been at peace. If we were in Thar, I'm pretty sure it'd be flooded by now. India should thank me for not ruining their desert." He said, cleaning my cheek for the number of time I've lost count of.

" Naah! Don't be. I'm happy we went back home."

" Really? "His face lightened up like a torch.

I nodded.

" Where did you go? You look like you've showered. " I was still in his arms.

" I went to buy us fresh fruits and breakfast... Let's eat together. "

" I'll freshen up... " I excused myself.

As I helped myself with a towel I saw Kush setting up the table, warming the milk and making us bread butter. He didn't notice that I was looking at him for the past 5 minutes.

" Meera... If you really like drooling over me then that's not the right place to start with..."

" Huh?" He looked up.

" I'm going..." I rushed in, my cheeks were already red.

In a day, my heart is at peace. Yesterday night, I sure as hell remember it, I was messed up. Kush just brings my anxiety levels to ground zero and with him, everything seems perfect. The warm water was flowing through my hair down the toes.

I closed my eyes, letting all the events replay. The best thing about the showers is that it's the best place to cry. Those nightmares were controlling my subconscious, pulling me behind every time I try to move forward. It wasn't just Dad, Mom or Mayra anymore, it was every goddamn person, some of the faces I couldn't even register.

Yet, the message was crystal clear.

Kush and I weren't meant to be together and all these signs were just an indication.