Chapter 27🌟 Faith🌟

❝ Faith is a strong word. Just an ounce of it can do miracles to a deprived mind and soul.
Faith is something your heart craves when your mind has already given up.

Just a Reminder - Never Lose Faith In Something You've Always Believed. 😇 ❞

_______________________________________________

KUSH'S POV

" Meera... What are you doing here?" She was equally or perhaps more surprised than me.

" I usually come here for a walk... What about you?" She asked.

" I had a meeting with someone..."

" Here?"

" Yeah!"

" Why don't I see you in the office nowadays?" She asked.

For the first time I felt things were never so awkward between us.

" That's because I don't come nowadays..."

After a minute's silence she spoke again.

" I need your help in some pending projects... Will you... "

" Oh! Yes. I'll be there tomorrow."

" Kush... Kush..." I turned and saw Heather running towards us.

" Can we... Oh! Meera. Hi! "

" HI! I'll get going... " I nodded.

" What happened?" Heather asked.

" Nothing. Let's go hunting... " I said.

" See, I've shortlisted these... " She briefed me through the pictures of some condos.

Daniel is gonna be here soon and there's no chance that he'll live with me.

So, Heather and I are going house hunting for him.

But, after that rendezvous with Meera, my heart's not at rest. I'm sure she might have misunderstood what she saw, I know her.

Now, Daniel's gonna be in the office soon. I just hope he doesn't mess things up.

She doesn't know a hell lot of things and if she finds out it's not gonna do any good. Either to her nor to me.

I sat with a chilled Budweiser in my hand. The sky's isn't getting better either yet somewhere I know sleep's not gonna be my guest tonight neither is it Meera's.
Glad to know that at least in this arena we are on the same page.

I was thinking about dating someone else like what Katie said...
Maybe I should...
Maybe I'll not...

But I'm sure as hell that it's not gonna be so soon.
Not until I've spoken to Dad at least.

He's my superhero in a dazzling cape.
I was in a dilemma whether I should call him or not. He has helped me before and he'll sure as hell help me now.

🌟🌟🌟

" Kush, Can we talk?" As long as I remember Dad was in our house for a week now. Not until today he came to see me.

" Not really..."

" It wasn't a question though..." He closed the door behind him and sat on the bed where I was lying down.

It was a week after Dad spoke to Meera and she agreed to meet me but later I was stood up by her. I was pissed off.