Chapter 24🌟Work & Life🌟

❝ Balance is Important. Work Life, Love Life, Family Life and the list goes on...

Yet, we manage, we live, we fight and we survive.

But are we happy now? ❞

_____________________________

MEERA'S POV

Heather!

Nice fancy name. She's beautiful too. I could see both of them still chatting and giggling after I left. Well, my cabin on the west side was a large spacious rectangular room with unfortunately glass walls and absolutely no curtains. I made a mental note to ask the service to fix some makeshift curtains for me. I can't work like this, not with Kush around always snooping.

The right side had an oak wood shelf which had to be filed with files and other materials. Behind my chair laid a magnificent view of the whole of the Auckland and right in front of me were Kush and Heather, still giggling and laughing. A girl I had never heard of or Kush never mentioned if they happened to be childhood buddies or whatever.

Anyways how in the world does that matter to me. Well, it shouldn't and it isn't.

Aarrghhhh...

Meera... Gather yourself. You can't let that person just show up and ruin you.

My cell rang. It actually was too loud.

" Hey! Alan..." I knew he was gonna call and I must be expecting more of him now.

I watched Kush walk towards his cabin which wasn't next to me or opposite to mine, I was glad it wasn't. And also I don't know where it was. I didn't get a chance to explore my new workplace.

"Meera, are you doing good? Is Kush giving you a hard time?" He was concerned.

I expected that. Firstly, it's still a mystery that I ended up with him but now there's no looking back.

" Of course Not. I swear he's gonna have a hard time having me around." I wasn't sure of the later part.

" Meera. Anything, Anytime, you need me. Call me and I'll be there. Okay."

" Yes. Mr. Anderson. Now can I work?"

" Yeah... Bye. Love you." He laughed.

" Bye... " I hung up.

I could never revert his confession yet he's waiting for me. I hope one day I would be able to do that. It can't be that tough. I was actually gonna confess once in my life that too to a wrong person. I must be happy for myself.

New atmosphere and change of niche wasn't doing any good to me. I hate changes. My team was busy and so was I to lament on the same. The new contract had increased the work load on all of us. I swooped my head down and started with the blueprints giving my mind a rest from all the unnecessary thoughts.

At around 2 I was pissed off. I needed a coffee, desperately. Since I was like a rookie or perhaps I acted like one I preferred to get one myself.

OliveWines has to be a big firm, operating business I assume, apart from entertainment industry in more than 5 countries. So, the most premium location of Auckland that is Auckland CBD aka Auckland Central Business District that is along the Queen Street lies Kush's production house. Yes, Kush's production house. He's the MD. I still wonder why not name after their family name. Why trouble themselves with something fancy like OliveWines. Yet, it is what it is.

So, I had to travel 2 floors down to grab myself a coffee. I still happened to be on the 32nd floor. I could see the Sky Tower and the azure sky. Nevertheless, I'll have to travel from my condo that's in Herne Bay. It's not a long ride but it's surely gonna be a lonely one.