Chapter 18

Michael's POV;
I walk into Hannah's room after hearing the fact Kellin is still crying after 10 minutes straight and I know for a fact she isn't a deep sleeper so she would hear him crying if she was asleep.

"Hannah" I speak up

She looks up from the tv and smile "oh hi Michael, have you seen this before? I always forget how funny John is"

She's watching A Hard Day's Night again.

"Kellin is crying...."

"....oh, that's nice for him" she replies after a minute or two

I pick Kellin up and we leave the room going downstairs. "Sorry about that" I say to Frank as I take a seat and place the now quiet Kellin on my lap

"It's fine, everything ok?"

"She's not communicating with him anymore, I don't know why though. She just doesn't seem bothered anymore"

"Post natal depression perhaps?"

"Maybe, how do I fix it?"

"You can't actually fix it. You just need her to speak to someone to help get over it"

"Right ok, do you know anyone?"

"I do as a matter of fact. I shall contact her when I get home and get her to contact you"

"Thank you"

2 weeks later
Hannah is still the same, she will smile at Kellin and sometimes play with him and cuddle him. But she's treating him like he's her little brother not her son. She's starting her counselling sessions tomorrow though so I hope that will help. Rebbie has currently taken her to Hollywood for the night.
Rebbie was like this when Austin was born, postnatal depression. I hope spending some girl time away will help.

Hannah's POV;
"Blue would be the best I think" I smile at the woman in the mirror

She nods ok and walk off, I'm currently in Hollywood with aunt Rebbie getting my hair dip dyed. We're spending two days and one night here which I'm happy about.

After my hair is all complete we go down the street to Ghirardelli soda fountain where I order a coke float and chocolate covered strawberries.

"You know I struggled when Austin was born" Rebbie speaks

"You did?" I ask before eating a strawberry

"Yeah, postnatal depression is more common than you think Hannah."

"I'm 17 soon and I got a baby. Ryan didn't want to know Kellin. Now he's messaging wanting to know. Michael thinks I'm being mean saying no, I know he does. But he needs to see it from my eyes. I needed Ryan and he walked away when I needed him the most, he let me down and it hurt. I don't want my son to go through that hurt, he doesn't deserve it."

"Maybe Ryan will change? Seeing Kellin will make him see what he missed out on"

"No, he's in college. He made his decision, father's are supposed to put their kids first. I did fine without my dad. Kellin will be fine too."

"But he isn't fine Hannah, if he doesn't have his father then ok. But he has you and needs his mother. You're cutting yourself out of his life. You're doing exactly what Ryan is doing"

I stare at her wide eyed as her words sink in and cut me like a knife.

"You're right, oh god I'm a terrible mother"

"No you're not, you're young" she speaks and moves over to hug me

"I'm gonna be better, I promise"

"I know you will sweetheart, I know it's tough but you got Michael and you got us all. We will help you. Even Kayleigh will help you"

I smile and finish my drink and we leave to do some shopping, I buy a lot of things for Kellin. I'm going to be better for him, I'm going to attend my counselling sessions and I'll be back to my normal self.