Chapter 1

Hannah's POV:
I woke up extremely happy, I'm finally a teenager today. I get out of bed and have a shower then I quickly get change and head downstairs.

"Happy birthday" Mom smiles placing my breakfast on the table, pancakes with banana and chocolate sauce. My favourite.

"Thanks mom" I smile and hug her then take a seat and dig into my breakfast

"So you 100% sure you want to open your presents after school?"

"Yes, something to look forward to"

"Ok, remember we're going out for dinner too"

I nod my head ok as I finish eating my food, once I'm finished I brush my teeth and grab my school bag. As soon as I get back downstairs the bus arrive.

"Have a good day Sweetie"

"I will"

Mom kisses my head and hugs me "love you"

"Love you too" I smile and leave

3rd Lesson
I was sat in History working on my project with Kayleigh, we're doing a project related to Martin Luther King. I have so much respect for him and Nelson Mandela, Kayleigh does too, an ancestor on her Father's side was at Martin Luther King's famous I had a dream speech, how cool and lucky is that? I also have respect for Rosa Park, I'm white but my grandfather was Black along with his family and they went through so much in the past along with many others. Imagine if there was still segregated schools and stores? That would be so horrible, I would of never met Kayleigh and she wouldn't of been my best friend.

"Hannah" Mr Braxton calls

I look up and he motions for me to come to the desk where the principle is stood by

"Yes sir?" I smile

"You need to go with the principle here"

"Am I in trouble?"

"No we got something we have to tell you" the principle Mr Kensington says

"I got this project due in today though"

"Don't worry about it" Mr Braxton speaks

I nod ok and go to get my things from my desk and go with Mr Kensington. We walk is silent and I take a seat and he looks at me, I'm so scared I'm in trouble. No one ever goes in his office unless you're in trouble and this is my first time here.

"I'm really sorry to have to tell you this Hannah. You're mother was in a car accident, she didn't survive"

"she's d d dead?"

He nods yes "I'm sorry Hannah"

I stare at the floor in shock, we had so much planned. So many things we never got to do and now she's gone. I wipe my eyes and Mr Kensington hands me a tissue.

"What will happen to me?" I finally speak after a few minutes

"Someone from social services will be here soon and he or she will talk you through it"

"Will I be able to see my mother?"

"Yes after they have arrived to collect you"

I nod ok and go back to looking at the floor. 10 minutes later someone arrives, Miss Jenkins. I don't speak much but I'm now on my way to the hospital to see my mother for the final time. When we arrive I enter the room and walk up to the bed, she looks so peaceful even though her face has bruises and cuts on it. My mother is such a beautiful women and she had so much in life ahead of her, why is this world so cruel?

I take her hand into mine and caress it softly "I love you mom, you was the best mom ever. I'm going to miss you, I'm going to be alone now. How can I do this alone?"

"Hannah we have to leave" Miss Jenkins says entering the room after 2 hours

I stand up and carefully kiss mom on her forehead "I love you, please always be with me and make me do the right things. Don't ever leave me spiritually as well please Mom"

I give her one last hug taking in her scent, rose and cherries. I loved that body mist she always used.

"I don't want to go to some home for the night, I want to spend the night in the comfort of my home"

"We can't do that"

"I'm not spending the night anywhere else except my home, I got my things there, my presents I was meant to be opening"

"You got no parents, you have to Hannah"

"I'm not!"

I run off and keep running until I get home. I close all the curtains and lock the doors. I go to have a sandwich then I walk into the living room and sit down by my presents then I start to open them. As I place all the wrapping paper in the bin I hear someone knock on the door. I go down onto the floor and sit behind the front door.

"Hannah I know you're in there"

"Go away!"

"Come on, let me in please"

"No, you're gonna make me go to some home"

"I'm not, I've spoken to my boss and you're allowed to stay here as long as I'm with you"

"Why? I've stayed home alone before"

"Hannah it's me staying or you coming to the home"

I sigh and stand up and let her in. We sit down at the table and she pulls out some papers.

"You're mother put in her will she wants to be cremated, which will be happening tomorrow"

"What? Why? I want the cremation so I can keep her with me but why so fast?"

"They know why she's died and she don't want a burial so the funeral can be done tomorrow"

I just nod my head ok and walk off upstairs and go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be horrible.