Greening the Storm

Keith's Point of View

I remember talking with members of the Blade once about how disappointing it was for members of the royal family to have a ball on their eighteenth birthday in attempt to find their soulmate. Since the royal ball tactic actually worked on me, I was no longer suited to laugh about it. I felt full front of realization that my soul mate is officially back in my life for good when he kissed the palm of my hand after tending to it. Additionally, a Prince almost captured me and claimed that I was heir to the Galran throne... How was I not going insane about this frustrating information? Maybe my head was hit too hard during the kidnapping, now I could not think straight.

"The woods are quite peaceful compared to the village, isn't it?" Prince Lance asked, brushing his fingers over heart carvings upon a tree, "It's a bit scary in the dark, though..."

I remembered that, since he is royalty, Prince Lance probably spent all of his time in the security of his luxurious Castle, waiting for dessert every night and breakfast each morning. He probably didn't have to make up his bed or clean his room or even bath on his own! (Oh, Fates, please tell me be baths himself and not a single woman has touched him in the way I imagine). Nevertheless, he was not used to being anywhere outside of the Castle, no less in the deepest part of the woods.

No matter the chilling atmosphere, I always thought about the woods as the most beautiful at night due to the light of the moon and stars shining upon the surrounding nature, horse skin and dragon scales. In fact, both Kosmo and the Prince's dragon were glimmering together as they flew, a mixture of red and blue guiding us forward. The Prince fit the image perfectly as well: the moonlight shone on the crown of his head creating a subtle silhouette of his fit form, the curve of his strong shoulders and sharp jaw emphasising the beauty to the atmosphere.

Keeping a mature and calm stature in his presence took all my willpower. I was having a love-hate relationship with my consciousness: he's the prince and he's your soul mate! But what will the Blade say? Takashi and Pidge will be happy! No they will think you're stupid for bringing him, you're risking the Blade's location to a boy you just met... But he's an attractive boy... You gay fool!

I let out a sigh of disappointment in myself because I truly was a mess— deep down, I was not sure what the right thing to do was. Should I have burned the Workshop down? Was it too risky to expose a top secret location to the Prince of Altea? Was it too late to turn back now? Lance must have noticed my anxiousness— he caught up to my speed on his horse and leaned towards me in observation.

I froze in place as he did so, unconsciously puffing my chest out and clenching my jaw. He gave me a reassuring smile.

"Are you alright?" Lance asked, "You seem stressed. Are you afraid that the Blade might hurt me?"

I didn't but I could add that to the top of the list of things to worry about now. I did not say that out loud however, but my response came easily and calmly, "No, I am not stressed about them harming you because you are with me and I won't allow anyone to touch you."

There was a moment of silence before he reached beside him among the saddle of his horse. I glanced towards a flash of silver and recognized the familiar design on the bow-and-arrow that was presented before me. For a second, I thought he managed to sneak a weapon out of the Workshop before we left, but I knew he was no person to steal without permission so he must have ordered someone to buy it for him... But the weapon was quite recent.

"You're probably wondering how I had found out about you in the Workshop when I ran away." It's like he read my mind. "I have a best friend from the Castle, you see, who I asked to buy a new bow at the village for my training, and he had found out about you from his own soulmate who he met today..."