Chapter Eight

"Why would you say that? We arent planning her baptism! She was just born!"

"I know! Im sorry, It just slipped out. Soon we'll have to!" We were walking back to our rooms with Hope. Maxon sighed. "Its alright, dear." He embraced me. Well, us. I put my head on his shoulder. He pulled away."What?" I asked.

"You let me call you my dear." He looked like the happiest person alive.

"And?"

"You never let me do that before."

"Yes I have!"

"Not with out calling me something back or teasing me!"

"I did once, remember?"

"Once."

"Well, I shouldn't even let you call me that anymore."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not your only dear."

"What?"

I gestured to the bundle in my arms.

"Oh, well, how about I call you my dear, and I call her my doe? That way, you ARE my only dear."

I facepalmed with my free hand.

"What am I supposed to call you, my steer?"

"That could work." I rolled my eyes.

"It's a deal."

"Fine, Maxon." I was perfectly fine with shaking hands, but he just HAD to kiss me. It reminded me of another time when he did that...

"Hey, hey hey, I said you could call me your dear, not kiss me!"

"Too late." He had a smile bigger than Kota's ego streched across his face.

"Lets go, dear."

"Don't wear it out." I warned.

When we got to the nursery, Maxon offered to change her diaper and get her into her PJs. When he was done, we both kissed her goodnight. "I love you." I whispered to her before Maxon turned out the light.

END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

Heyyy! This was (obviously) a filler chapter. Ive been really busy lately. I'll post a longer chapter on Wednesday. See ya!

-FieryCat-CakeRose11