Chapter One

I DO NOT OWN THE SETTINGS OR THE CHARACTERS OTHER THAN-

- HOPE AMBERLY SHEREVE

-DORETHYIA THE MAID (The only maid in this chapter.)

THIS PLOT IS ALSO MY PROPERTY

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF KIERA CASS

THIS IS JUST A FAN FICTION AND IS NOT AN ACTUAL BOOK IN THE SELECTION SERIES

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME

Just so you know, this has SPOLIERS, so be careful! If you HAVE NOT read The One, DO NOT READ THIS. You've been warned.;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Now that all the legal stuff is over, I would just like to say that I hope you will enjoy reading this fan fic as much as I enjoyed writing it. I would also like to mention that this will be a continued series. Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I looked down at the little bundle I was holding in my arms. She was wrapped in a white, flowered blanket, one of the many that the women in my life had made for me. Or I should say for her. This one was from Marlee.

"Oh my gosh, Ames!" May squealed. "You're a mother!"

"Hush!" My mother scolded in a whisper. "You'll wake the baby!"

"Calm down, mom." I said.

She turned to me."I know, honey. I'm just a little stressed out."

"I'm not in labor and the baby is healthy. There's nothing to be stressed out about." But then I thought about the hardships that were sure to come in the months ahead. Getting up in the middle of the night to change diapers. Teething. Diaper rashes. Trying to figure out what the cries mean. And the cameras. They will be on us, 24/7, documenting each event in our child's life. So I amended my sentence." Well, at least not yet."

"America?" I heard someone ask. I looked up at the door.

"Maxon!"

He came towards the bed as my mom and May ducked out of the room. "How is she?" He whispered. His face was glowing with the same pride that I saw on Jame's face after Astara was born. I was sure that I was glowing too.

"She's beautiful. I can't believe shes here."

"Niether can I."

As I carefully gave him the baby to hold, I had a strange flashback to the first time I held Gerad. He was so tiny compared to our daughter, because he was born a month early. That's probably why he has such a big appetite now. I remember putting him in my father's arms...

The pain hit me like a bullet in the heart. My own father could't be here to hold his granddaughter. I could hear him telling me how proud he is and how beautiful she looks...

It was Maxon's voice that brought me back to the present. "Oh, America..." I could see a tear on his cheek. And then I realized that there were tears on mine. From both the sadness of losing my father and the joy of having a child. "She has your perfect golden hair." I mumbled."And your lovely morning sky eyes." He replied.

I looked up at him.

"Did you ever think that we would end up like this?" I asked.

"No, but I'm glad we did." And then he leaned down to kiss me. Almost immediately after, a maid came into the room."Umm... your Majesty?"

Maxon pulled away from me."Yes?" We asked in unison. The maid smiled. "We just need to finish the princess's birth certificate."

"Of course." Maxon cleared his throat. "What do you have so far?"

"Well, we have her birth date,today, November 26th, 3035, her social security number, her home province, and... should we put her cast,your Majesty?"

Here it was.

The problem we were worrying about.

Although we officially began dissolving the casts last month, starting with the eaights, it would take a long time. So there were still birth certificates with the cast requirement on it. In fact, they

still had not stopped manufacturing the certificates like that. Maxon looked at me.

"America?"

I took a deep breath.

"No. Cross it out. She doesn't have a cast."

The maid's smile grew wider. "Absolutely, your Majesty."

Maxon kissed me on the cheek. "Good job, America." He whispered.

"It wasn't something I did, Maxon. You decided to dissolve the casts."

The maid must have overheard us. "Well, whoever did it, it will change Lllea for the better."

She's right. My daughter is the first royal born without a cast.

"Now, what is this Pioneer Princesses's name?"

I looked down at the baby in my arms. She is so precious; no one will ever take her place. Now it was my turn to smile.

"Hope Amberly Shereve."

END OF CHAPTER ONE

Sorry that it was so short! It's just a beginning chapter, so there will be many more. Since today's Saturday, I'm either going to update every Saturday or every Saturday and Wensday. But wether this continues or not depends on If people read, vote, and comment on the chapters. Keep reading!

-FieryCat-CakeRose11