None of us were hardcore drinkers, but we could handle our liquor well. I guess university parties years ago, definitely played a major role in that. Liam was the most sensible of us and being the designated driver on many occasions, was the job he had. Then again, it did fall between the two of us; unless if we all decided to have a good time, we'd order a cab to any of our homes, then crash the night there.

The problem was that had only been through the past few months. As of now, I couldn't give two shits. Many times I'd driven home highly intoxicated and/or on drugs. Even if it was just weed, it'd be in a large quantity. My mates watched how much I took; but that was only when they were physically around me. If they weren't, I never paid attention to the actual amount. I would only realise it several hours later after I sobered up.

"Mate, what's up with you t'night?" Niall asked, his brows raised. The rest of the boys looked at me, also waiting for my answer.

There was no way that I could tell them about how bad my dealing has gotten — especially with the fact that I've generally been doing a lot more of that lately. 

"Nothing. You know my life, there's nothing exciting about it." I carelessly shrugged.

"Don't be fuckin' around wit' us now. We know something's up and you're not telling us."

"I call bullshit too." Dylan agreed, placing his own drink back on the table.

Fuck.

Fuck them.

"Harry, we're worried 'bout ya mate. Y'know we're always here for ya." My Irish friend spoke again. Liam stayed quiet the entire time, almost as if he knew something — it slightly frightened me. If he did, I knew he wouldn't mention it, until it was just the two of us; and I was going to make sure that didn't happen tonight — or any future night to come.

"A deal went a bit off, but things are okay." I admitted, leaving out the details — and decided to continue it further with a lie. "Small deal. Some teenager wanted some weed, but he didn't have the money. I was feeling nice that day and gave him enough to last him for a couple of joints. Don't worry about anything."

"You know we're still not okay with what you're doing." Liam finally let out. My focus turned over to him, who had a glare within his look.

He definitely knew something. I had to make sure that he stayed oblivious, so he wouldn't get hurt. I knew he wouldn't by anyone in our gang; but it was always the outsiders I was afraid of. We knew them all; every single one, from every single group, and it was only one person that always kept me on edge. I fucking hated that.

"I know. Let's just drop it now. I'm not really in the mood to talk about it — or anything about me." I bit on my top lip, hoping that the subject would end soon. Though, it was all in my hands to make that happen. "So Dylan, how's that girlfriend of yours?"

It was then that a smile planted on his lips as he started to go on-and-on about the woman he'd fallen for. Frankly, I didn't care; but I needed something to make sure I wasn't the center of attention. Luckily, it worked. I used to pay attention to the things he said, and how much he loved her, but not anymore. It was useless to do that.

Love — and care — for anyone and everything had disappeared; and it wasn't coming back.

..

Céline.

Work was incredibly bothersome today. As much as I loved my job, I hated when problems occurred and I was surrounded by imbeciles that didn't know what to do. You'd expect people to at least know what they're doing at a company so large and with such a prestigious reputation; but apparently not.