ataish

Min Yoongi

Min Yoongi.

Standing in his pyjamas at the door, with his small squishy cheeks, hooded eyes, messy bed hair, scrunched up nose, shivering because of the cold.

"I wish we'd been able to get train tickets on the same day. I feel bad that you won't even let me escort you to the station.

For a few moments, Jin didn't reply, staring intensely at the younger man, memorising the details of his face. How -at first glance- Yoongi's lips looked thin but how they'd get swollen after a mere peck. He desperately wanted to run his hands through Yoongi's hair but he had chained himself up on the inside.

He let an arm reach out to hold Yoongi's shoulders, "But this is better, isn't it?"

Rubbing the back of his neck, the younger mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Jin chuckled, lifting Yoongi's head so they were staring right into each other's aching eyes, "Make sure to make up for it. I'm counting on you. Promise me you'll give it your all when you go back to Seoul."

There was some kind of wiseness in Jin's eyes that Yoongi had never realised was there...one that made him realise that Jin was so, so much more than a stupid goofball. A strange, rocklike feeling settled in his chest, "Here's a promise. To Seoul?"

The corners of Jin's lipped turned upwards, and Yoongi promised that he would cherish that look for as long as he lived, "To Seoul!"

And that's how they departed. The two men didn't really hug...or even exchange comforting words of when they would see each other again. Jin just turned around, his backpack filled to the max with Daegu souvenirs from the amusement park, and Yoongi just stood at the door, as Jin's broad figure walked slowly away, on and on and on until he was just a dot amongst all the other people in the city. He didn't even cry. But he hoped sincerely that Jin's good karma would turn up one day and give him all the happiness the elder deserved.

Eventually, the wind began to get stronger, making the hairs on Yoongi's bare arms stand up. He closed the door with the intentions of making coffee and finishing the packing of his suitcase for when he returned to Seoul the next week. Jin was gone. He had a new life to start.

And that was the end of that.

***

"Hey Namjoon, how's it going?"

"Ahh, Jin hyung!" Jin could hear that Namjoon was slightly out of breath, "I'm just at Hoseok's house babysitting his cousin."

"It that why you're out of breath." Jin stood amidst the thrush of people at Daegu Station, his train was due to come in a few minutes. 

"I never was good with kids." The two shared a laugh before Namjoon followed up his statement with, "Damn, we haven't talked in ages!"

"I know right! I still have to meet this Hoseok person you keep going on about."

"I mean," Namjoon sounded like he had calmed down a bit, "you can meet him when you come back to Seoul, right?"

Jin laughed, "Sure, I actually called you to talk about next week."

"Go ahead."

"Whatever happens next week, promise me you won't tell Jungkook."

The younger sounded confused, "We went over this already, didn't we? You're gonna bring Yoongi with you back to Seoul and I'm picking you up. I haven't slipped a single word to anyone that Yoongi's coming back. Promise."

Jin sighed in relief, glad the younger had misunderstood, "Thanks Namjoon."

"Anytime hyung! What are you doing now, anyway? It sounds busy on your end of the line."

"Umm, I'm at a shopping mall." Jin lied straight through his teeth. Namjoon. Could. Not. Know. Yet.

"Oh! That's cool. I'll see you next week then?"

"Of course!" Jin was struggling to keep up with the facade, "It was nice talking to you Namjoonie."

"Bye Hyung!" Namjoon hung up before Jin had the chance to reply.

The train announcer indicated that the train was coming and people started to shuffle into place accordingly. As the train pulled up, Jin was still staring at his phone.

Would you like to block 'Namjoonie'?

Yes | No

Would you like to block 'John Jongoogie'?

Yes | No

Would you like to block 'Tae Tae'?

Yes | No

Would you like to block 'That One Kid Who Laughs At My Jokes'?

Yes | No

Would you like to block 'Yoongi'?

Yes | No

To: Yoongi

I hope you have a good life Yoongi-ah.

Live well.

To: Yoongi

You're never gonna have to see me again.

Good luck.

I'm blocking you.

Would you like to block 'Yoongi'?

Yes | No

A stray tear escaped Jin's eyes as the doors opened. Luckily, he managed to find a seat by the window. He could hear his heart beating as he tried to even his breathing. He was never going to see Namjoon or Jungkook or Jimin or Taehyung ever again. Because the moment he left Seoul, he knew that he was never coming back.

Welcome aboard the Daegu National Rail. This is the train to Gwangju Sation. We hope you enjoy your ride.

 We hope you enjoy your ride