dui

"I want it

"I want it."

"Jin. I advise strongly against it."

"Kim Namjoon! I want this place."

"But-"

The estate agent stood awkwardly behind the two squabbling men. The three were currently standing in what used to be a tattoo shop, filled with dust in the corners and unused furniture. One minute in the room and Namjoon had already begun to complain about how ugly the place looked, and how his allergies (which his friend knew where non-existent) would act up if they stayed in there too long. The dimpled man couldn't see what Jin saw. Nothing was appealing about rusty floorboards and faded wallpaper. The only plus that he could see was the fact that the space came with an extra upstairs apartment that Jin could live in.

Jin, however...

He was in love. 

He could imagine it all already. Corners cleaned and walls filled with the urban vibe he had planned out for his dream restaurant. Seokjin could imagine the glossed wooden tables already and the nutty brown colour he had planned for the walls. The place in question was pretty large and a damp smell hovered in the air but the smell of coffee and warm noodles and pasta (his specialty) was all Jin could smell.

He was sold. And not even Namjoon was going to stop him.

"How much?"

The bored estate agent nervously shoved a clipboard into Seokjin's hand. Jin laughed with happiness, "Namjoon! This is way under my budget! Maybe I can buy those kitchen tools I was eyeing yesterday, and add a few dishes to the menu as well."

His best friend gave him a fond smile, "Whatever makes you happy Jin."

But Jin wasn't listening. 

He was babbling on about the endless possibilities and ideas that he had. Namjoon had already been a witness to countless mood boards and colour schemes. Jin had listed the menu off to him by heart about fifty times in the half hour they had been inspecting the property and he was still going, "-you and Tae will be my first customers, won't you? And my first servers, Taehyung said he could take three shifts a week, after school. You'll be able to find time to be my part-time cashier between recording and all you have to do, right?"

Namjoon chuckled, "Yes hyung."

But the elder was off again, looking at the leaking ceiling like it was some kind of Godsend and oohing and aahing at...nothing.

Namjoon would never understand the elder but he grinned nonetheless as Jin bundled up all the papers he received, shoving them into his pink messenger bag over-enthusiastically. 

"Hey, Namjoon?"

"What is it hyung?"

"Did you hear about the new restaurant on the moon? Great food but no atmosphere."

The two exited the place one leaving with a deep chuckle, and the other with a squeaky laugh.