ekush

You guys were more than just boyfriends

Jin's words rung in Jungkook's ears. He stared at the risk assessment that he had been writing up for the kitchen for the Lamb Skewers place. Jin's kitchen already had one and since Jungkook was employing more workers, his kitchen called for a new safety plan.

Don't give up on him so easily.

Around him, Yoonkook Lamb Skewers was a mess. The old wooden chairs had been thrown out and the doors had been ripped from its hinges. Jin had taken the liberty of redesigning the whole building plus adding an extension.

Both food places were closed. The reopening? In one month. Jinnie's Pasta Palace was getting an extension at the front and back and Yoonkook Lamb Skewers would become brand new with an added office for Jungkook.

All the usual waiters and cooks with professional builders worked harmoniously all preparing for when Jin would come back.

Yoongi is...gone

Jungkook's own mind was scrambled: one part questioning whether doing all this without Yoongi was okay and the other itching for a new beginning.

Don't let loneliness cloud your judgement.

Jungkook knew...he knew that he needed Yoongi. Yoongi filled him up in a way that nobody else could -not even Jin could fill him up the way Yoongi could. Jin was a star, bright, dazzling even on its own. Yoongi was a tree. An old oak one. The tsundere one who you could talk to because he was always there. Children gazed at stars and sheltered under trees. They needed both, not one.

Jungkook smiled at the thought of Yoongi being a short, grumpy tree but the happy smile became a bittersweet one.

I hope that if Yoongi were to ever return, you'd welcome him with open arms.

And as much as he loved Jin, he wouldn't deny that he wanted Yoongi back. Desperately. In his dreams, he could see the three of them, laughing together, with maybe a kid-

Jungkook shook his head, "Stop dreaming about the impossible." He muttered to himself furiously scolding his conscience for having such incredulous thoughts.

A tap on his shoulder made him look up, it was Wooseok, "It's time for employee interviews."

Determinedly, Jungkook stood up,

"Let's do this."

***

"I'm so sorry I kept answering the phone!"

Namjoon profusely apologised to Hoseok who did the same, "No! I had to take a phone call right in the middle of a conversation. I made you wait in the classroom all by yourself."

The two men were at Namjoon's house in his studio. The 24 year old was a busy man. He worked two part-time jobs all while studying for his music degree and producing music on the sidelines. He had to have some sort of income the pay for his education and passion.