Chapter 20 | The Change

Recap ~
Play Dolls

Daksh caught hold of her very tightly and tried to misbehave when he received a kick from her. He was still wincing in pain when Anika escaped from the room and opened the entrance door looking behind to see if Daksh was coming behind. Without turning back, she took a step ahead only to bump into Shivaay who just reached there.

"Anika are you fine?" asked Shivaay concerned looking at her state.
"Yes, Shivaay let's go!" saying Anika almost dragged him along with her when Shivaay stopped her abruptly.
"Anika what happened?" asked Shivaay sternly.
"Nothing Shivaay! It's already late. So it's better we go?" asked Anika not looking into his eyes.
"Anika we are friends. And I know you are hiding something! Tell me." demanded Shivaay and he earned the story from her about Daksh.

He just headed straight back to the house, while Anika tried to stop him

"Daksh! How dare you behave like that with Anika!" roaring, Shivaay punched his face but caring if he was his boss.
"Anika I will see your end! And now you also Shivaay." roared back Daksh.
"We will see your end Mr.Daksh!" said Anika in a calm tone.

They left from there finding OmRu on their way.
"Arey Anika! Why are you drenched? Did it rain somewhere here?" asked Rudra innocently.
"Rudra! Even we were here only!" Om groaned.

"Omkara, Rudra I just fell into the pool." said Anika trying to sound casual.
"Are you saying the truth Anika! I feel something else happened." said Om in a serious tone.
"You and your feelings Om!" said Rudra impatiently.

Om took something out of his bag and gave it to Anika.
"Here you go Anika! Take this jacket. You will feel a bit warmer." saying Om handed it to Anika.
"Thanks Omkara!" thanked Anika.

"If you don't mind, could you just call me Om!? I feel too awkward when my close ones call me Omkara!" Om confronted.

"Of course Om!" Anika said feeling very happy to be considered a close friend.

Shivaay was the most happiest of all as his best friends considered her also a close friend of theirs. And so did Anika who used to be very lonely. This change in her made him feel very happy and satisfied.

Anika headed back home, Shivaay accompanying her.

"I'm sorry Shivaay. Even you are going to face the consequences because of me!" said Anika feeling guilty.

"Friends are there to help. And please don't keep telling sorry and thank you! I'm fed up hearing those words from you!" complained Shivaay making Anika remember Chanda.

"Okay okay Chanda! I will never tell sorry and thank you from now on!" saying Anika smiled but then realised she took out Chanda's name again.

"You love Chanda a lot right?" asked Shivaay trying to make her feel good about her friend.

"Yeah more than anyone in this world! She was my best friend, sister, mother, father, brother, what not! My everything!" said Anika who never shared her feelings with anyone except Chanda.

The weekend was quite boring for Shivaay and Rudra while Om was busy enjoying time with his girlfriend Gauri. Anika on the other side was thinking about the week she just went through.

"Abhi, I have always loved you and never hated you! But why do you hate me so much!?" thought Anika, a lone tear escaping her eyes.

It was Monday by then, Anika entered office only to see everyone looking at her weirdly and she wondered why. Few minutes later, Shivaay too received the same set of stares from everyone as he came.

As usual they started their work when OmRu came running towards them.

"Shivaay Anika what is all this!?" asked Om shocked showing his phone to Shivaay and Anika. It was an MMS which had Anika and Shivaay's name mentioned in it. The content of the video, though not clear showed a guy and a girl making out and the sender was an unknown number.

Shivaay headed straight towards the manager's cabin.

"Why are you framing us in this!? I will see your end!" blasted Shivaay holding Daksh's collar. By then, the complete staff were enjoying the scene there gossiping about the new matter which leaked. Anika wasn't able to bear this. She headed straight towards Daksh and gave him a tight slap.

"How dare you?!" roared Anika.

"Miss.Anika behave yourself. I'm your boss! And I'm not characterless like you." roared back Daksh.
"Daksh! Not a word more against Anika." shouted Shivaay.

"What is she to you!? Your bedmate or a slu...!" Daksh couldn't complete when he earned another slap from Shivaay.
"You better not Daksh! I will kill you if you speak another word against her!" He yelled again.

"Why are you blaming Daksh when you made a mistake Shivaay?! And Anika you are a bloody cheap girl. No wonder you are a slut" spoke an employee.
"Shut up! Just shut up!" saying Anika closed her ears, her wounds refreshing and tears rolling down her cheeks.

Shivaay was handling her, while Daksh was smirking evilly.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
You resemble her