Chapter 08 | Deep voice

Recap ~
Trip to Delhi

At around 1.00 P.M, Shivaay and Anika reached Delhi. Reaching the hotel, they freshened up and reported straight to the main office.

At the office reception,
"Excuse me where can we meet Mr.Vikram?" Shivaay asked the receptionist when she gave them the directions to reach their boss's room. Following it, they reached the room but suddenly a deep voice was heard making Shivaay and Anika jerk as they didn't expect it.

"Come in!" said the voice when they entered the room to see a middle-aged man rocking his chair.
"Good noon sir! We are reporting from the Mumbai branch for the meeting!" Shivaay said when Mr.Vikram spoke, "Good Mr. Shivaay! Glad to see you here! Your manager has informed me about you both! Are you ready with the presentation?"
"Yes sir! It's done" Anika said sincerely.

"Okay then we can meet up tomorrow morning to have a demo before we have the meeting. You can leave now!" He still said in his deep voice when they spoke in unison and left, "Okay sir, thank you."

------ Hotel -----

Anika noticed Shivaay's tired face as they walked into the hotel.
"Shivaay? Can we eat lunch?! You are hungry I guess!" Anika asked him when he said feeling happy, "Thank God you finally spoke about food Anika! I thought I will die of hunger!"
He finished making her chuckle.
"Aren't you hungry?" He asked her when she said shrugging her shoulders,"Not exactly!"

"What the hell! But how? I mean like how exactly is that possible, you must be hungry too

"What the hell! But how? I mean like how exactly is that possible, you must be hungry too." he asked her very much shocked when she smiled weakly saying, "I got used to hun..." She realized what she was about to tell and continued "I mean I eat less! So this habit of mine never makes me feel hungry!"

Shivaay did realize what she was about to tell. But he just remained silent not wanting to ask her on it.

That evening, Shivaay knocked Anika's room door when he heard her sweet voice, "Who is it?"
"Me, Shivaay Anika!" He replied back when she asked him to come in. As he entered her room, he saw her writing something in a book and he noticed all her things in place unlike that in his room.
"Is anything wrong with my room?" Anika asked noticing Shivaay shifting his gaze all over her room.
"No nothing of that sort! Hey what are you writing?" He asked sounding curious.

"Nothing very interesting Shivaay!" She said chuckling a bit when he told,"Don't come to conclusions that it is not interesting Anika!"
"Okay okay! I'm working on a story" She said surprising him.
"Really? You write stories? I love reading!" He said very much excited.
"That's great to hear!" She said with a warm smile when he asked, "How much have you completed?"

"30-40% of it!" She said glancing at her book when he instantly said, "I will be your first reader then!"
Anika remembered Chanda once again as she used to tell the same. Soon she spoke coming out of her thoughts,"Hmm okay but on one condition"
"What is it?" He asked back in response.
"You should give me something valuable so as to read the book!" She enunciated her condition when Shivaay asked back confused, "Valuable?"
"Not money though!" She said chuckling a bit.

As Shivaay wondered what that valuable thing was, Anika continued writing. It became quite late, Shivaay slept off reading a book in her room. All of a sudden when he got up, he wondered where he was when he realized he was in Anika's room.

 All of a sudden when he got up, he wondered where he was when he realized he was in Anika's room

"Oh God! What am I doing in Anika's room!" Shivaay muttered to himself very much shocked.
He looked around to find Anika no where. Shivaay, a bit tensed called out to her "Anika? Are you there?"
But he could hear no response.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Meeting