Chapter 05 | Office

Recap ~
New joinings

The next day, as Shivaay entered the office he saw Anika in the manager's cabin trying to explain something.

----- Cabin -----

"Sir, it was an emergency! I'm really not making excuses" Anika explained when Daksh, her manager spoke, "So you are trying to prove me wrong? Even for the party you didn't come! Okay I will believe you on one condition" he sighed as he finished.
She then asked, "What should I do sir?"
"I need you to finish off the pending work by today! However late it becomes you are supposed to finish it!" He ordered to which Anika agreed reluctantly.

Shivaay met her on her way back and asked,"Is everything fine Anika?"
"Yeah Shivaay!" She nodded in response when Shivaay said back with a smile,"Great then!"
"Sh-Shivaay, I actually wanted to tell you something!" She stuttered a bit as she spoke when he smiled, "Go on! My ears are all yours now"

Shivaay met her on her way back and asked,"Is everything fine Anika?""Yeah Shivaay!" She nodded in response when Shivaay said back with a smile,"Great then!""Sh-Shivaay, I actually wanted to tell you something!" She stuttered a bit as she spoke wh...

Just before she could say something, Om and Rudra interrupted them.
"Hey hi Anika!" Om greeted when she greeted back, "Hi Omkara"
"Sorry to interrupt you guys! We need your help bro! Please." Rudra said very much worried.
"What's the matter Rudy?" Shivaay asked concerned when he spoke in dismay, "I'm not able to analyze this problem statement!"

After a few minutes of looking at the problem statement, Shivaay couldn't solve it as well.
"Now what will I do! Oh God save me!" Rudra said completely upset when Anika asked "Rudra, Can I see it?"
Looking at the problem statement for sometime, she explained the solution to him and the others letting them see her in amaze.

"Wow! Finally I can solve the problem. Thank you so much Anika! You are really talented." Rudra said and jumped in happiness. While Anika was smiling looking at Rudra's excitement, Shivaay felt happy seeing her get comfortable with his friends.

 While Anika was smiling looking at Rudra's excitement, Shivaay felt happy seeing her get comfortable with his friends

For the next few hours, Anika was really busy trying to finish her work.
Shivaay then understood what happened in the manager's cabin. Soon the office hours were over and the whole office was empty then except for the security guard, Daksh and Anika. She was still working when all of a sudden she felt a touch from behind. She was too shocked to respond and react as she saw her manager behind her.

"S-sir! I'm almost finished!" said Anika stuttering a bit.
"It's okay Anika. Relax!" saying he tried to make her sit but she moved back feeling uncomfortable.
"Sir I will finish the work and go! You needn't wait for me" Anika said not feeling good at all.
"It's okay! It's not safe for you." he said when she tried to say, "But sir..."
"I give good company Ms.Anika!" Daksh said smiling at her.

Somehow Anika didn't like his talks but she resumed back to work. She felt a cold stare from behind which made her even more uncomfortable but in a span of five minutes, to her delight, someone whom she knew well entered the office.

Daksh surprisingly annoyed called out "Shivaay?"
"Hi sir! I left my wallet, so I just came back to get it!" Shivaay explained looking at Anika. As he spoke to his manager, Anika finished her work.
"Sir, I'm done! With your permission I better leave?" Anika asked her manager when he said, "Sure Ms.Anika but it's quite late. You won't have any transport, let me drop you back!"
"No thank you sir! I don't want you to get troubled!" She told managing to smile a bit.

Shivaay could sense that Anika was feeling uncomfortable.
"Sir, I can drop Anika!" Shivaay said when Daksh tried to say, "But..."
Before he could continue further, Anika spoke up, "Yeah, Shivaay can drop me sir! My house is on his way only"

Without any more arguments, Anika and Shivaay left from there bidding bye to their manager.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Journey of the two

Will Anika travel with Shivaay back to her home? What's going to happen in their way!