Chapter 09 | The Meeting

Recap ~
Deep Voice

Not finding Anika, Shivaay was just about to go out of the room to look for her when she returned back with a tray of food.
"Thank God!" He said sighing in relief.
"What happened Shivaay?" She asked smiling when he spoke,"I was a bit tensed when I didn't find you! Where did you go?"
"just to get some food! I know you would be hungry if you wake up! So..." She said, her voice trailing off at the end.

"You understood about my hunger mood so quickly!" He said laughing when she chuckled,"Yes I got to know! I don't want you to die of hunger!"

--- Next morning at office ---

Shivaay and Anika, along with Mr.Mittal were waiting for Mr.Vikram, their boss in the conference room. In minutes, they heard loud sound of footsteps approaching the room, Mr.Mittal wiped the sweat on his forehead while Shivaay and Anika noticed this and wondered why their manager was so tensed.

Soon the door opened and Mr.Vikram entered with a serious look on his face. After morning wishes, Mr.Vikram with the same deep voice spoke,"Are you ready with the presentation?"

"Yes sir!" Their manager said with utmost sincerity, so did Shivaay and Anika nodded in positive. Mr.Mittal started explaining the presentation but he stopped abruptly not knowing how to continue as he didn't work on it.

The before night Shivaay learnt every single bit of the presentation from Anika as she was the one who actually prepared most of it, so both of them continued quite impressing their boss.
"Okay Mr.Mittal, Shivaay and Anika will be doing the presentation today! All of you report at around 3.00 pm in the same room!" He said before leaving from there.

During lunch time, Shivaay and Anika were sitting in the adjacent room to that of their boss's. They both were eating when suddenly Anika heard a sound from their boss' room while Shivaay was speaking to his grandmom over the phone.
"Shivaay I will be back in a minute!" Anika said before leaving the room to which he nodded in acknowledgement

When she entered the room, she found Mr.Vikram hardly able to breathe. Panicking, she asked holding his shoulders "Sir are you fine? What happened!?"

Instead of getting response, Anika noticed Mr.Vikram trying to say something by his gestures. She followed what he was trying to tell and soon took out some tablets from his shelf, making him have them. A few minutes later, Mr.Vikram started breathing slowly but his pulse was not on its usual rate when checked by Anika.

"Sir just a minute! Let me find out help!" saying she ran out almost bumping into Shivaay.
"Careful Anika! What happened? Why are you in a hurry?" He asked her out of concern when she replied still tensed,"Shivaay! We have to call the ambulance! Mr.Vikram is very sick"

Soon they admit him in the hospital and a few employees came along with them, so they leave for the meeting scheduled. Finally the meeting was completed and the deal was finalized. The clients were very happy with the work the company had done and so they signed a partnership bond with their company.

Later that evening, Anika and Shivaay went to the hospital but their boss wasn't there. They found that he was shifted back to his house after checking his condition to be stable, so they left to meet him.

In the cab, noticing Anika Shivaay asked "Anika where are you lost?"
Still lost in her thoughts, she spoke "There's something about Mr.Vikram!"
Shivaay was confused with her answer, "What do you mean to say?" He asked.
"I mean he faced something bad in his life! I saw his eyes when he was in pain! I felt it was saying something beyond his physical pain" she said looking outside the window.

Shivaay was lost as he remembered how he saw Anika talking to his driver, and her voice that reflected pain that day.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Mr.Vikram

How will Mr.Vikram react to Shivaay and Anika? What is the strange connection between Anika and Vikram?