seventeen

do you guys like shane dawson? did you watch the jake paul series? i really enjoyed it! anyway the attached video is an example of the broadway scene that harry is supposed to be preforming in this chapter if you wanted some information on that.

harry's pov

I walked around the auditorium, my phone back at my dorm as our phones and other devices had been banned as a precaution of us being distracted. I remembered the rant that our director had gone on about our generation always being on their phones. Today in rehearsal we would be doing a full run through of the first act, which meant that a couple of my scenes would be done today. We ended the first half of the show with my death scene. Yes, eaten by a plant, what a wonderful way to go out.

I sat in a chair in front of the mirror in my dressing room. I shared the small room with every other guy participating in the show. It was crowded and constantly busy, but I could manage it. I looked into the mirror and noticed how different I actually looked in my costume. My normally curly longhair had been straightened and slicked back a ridiculous amount. The gel in my hair made it shine when light hit it. I wondered if Louis would like it in this style instead of my normal curly locks. I stood up, slipping on my character's black leather jacket on top of the white dentist shirt I had already been wearing.

As much as theater tired me, I had to say, getting to play such an iconic dominant character was quite fun for me. I went on the stage as the music for my scene started. I began singing, my microphone attached to me already. When I was younger just a bad little kid, I began singing out loud, focusing more on the choreography than anything else in that moment. I looked out at the empty auditorium, except for our mentors of course. I stood up on the beat before the chorus quickly with a smile.

You'll be a dentist, I opened up my leather jacket as part of the choreography to reveal my plain white dentist shirt. I sang as the three main chorus girls backed up my singing behind me, dancing along to the song.

You have a talent for causing things pain, I gave an insane look to the audience as I sang the violent lyrics. People will pay you to be inhumane, your temperament's wrong for the priesthood, and teaching will suit you still less, son be a dentist - you'll be a success. I sang the crazy lyrics out to my director and some of the cast members who were in the song, who had come out to watch.

When I finally finished the song and scene that came after it, I walked off backstage and took a drink of water. the dancing in tight pants and leather made me quite tired and dehydrated, so I made sure to drink as much water as possible. I took a seat backstage, watching as the other cast members did their scenes that I wasn't yet involved in. I wondered if Louis had texted me. Oddly enough, I wondered if we continued to talk, he would be interested in coming to see the show. Our show was coming up in only two weeks. I hoped he would be interested.

When rehearsal finally came to an end, a few of the program's members had asked if I wanted to go out to dinner with them. I declined politely, more interested in getting upstairs and onto the phone with Louis. Sure enough, when I got upstairs, I laid on my bed and picked up my phone immediately, a text from Lover Boy had been waiting for me for 17 minutes. Jacob laughed at me as I laid down.

"You look quite smitten over this boy, I didn't realize such a hoe could love." He faked shedding a tear. "It's almost like you're becoming softer."

I rolled my eyes. "I am not. I just enjoy talking to him, that's all."

He scoffed. "Sure, I'm going to go eat, want anything?"

"Bring me back some french fries or something." I figured he would be going to the fast food center across the street from the university. I saw him nod as he closed the door behind him.

I looked down at the simple text from Louis.

L: facetime? I smiled at this.

H: i look a mess, there's no way i'll let you see me like this

L: you looked a mess this morning and i thought it was quite sexy

I couldn't help but feel my face start burning red when i read the words.

H: i seriously need to shower, i look gross, feel gross

L: come shower here

H: and what's the point of that?

L: cleanliness

H: i can seriously just shower here then we can facetime

L: but if you shower here i get to see you

H: it's late, lover boy

L: not that late. i'll drive you home whenever you want.

H: so you're picking me up too then?

L: of course

I smiled down at my phone.

H: i'll be in the lobby

L: i'll be there soon