Chapter 10

To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.

- Jane Austen

-----------------------------------------------------------------

He drove fast looking straight ahead. I am sure he is above the speed limit. He didn't take many main roads but took the alleys instead. I had quietened down because of the speed of the car and started praying instead to not die in a road accident.

My heart beat is accelerating just as much as this freaking car.

We halted at a signal. He turned towards me.

"So ,what do you think about London now?" He asked

"Well its nice. I love the people although... " I stopped my ramble as a flashback of those mean snobs who had bullied me in the previous week started playing before my eyes.

"Although what? " Zayn sensed something peachy ,he asked not at all curiously.

" Nothing." I said trying to change and the subject," It's amazing I love the accent I think I have adapted it a bit but not completely. I have calculated that in two years I'll be definitely talking like a native British person." I said excitedly. I saw him looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Anyways did I forget to mention about the amazing University. And there teachers. God The teachers are so good. They are encouraging and knowledgeable....

The car had started moving but I hadn't stopped talking. I went on and told him about the beautiful library where I study. I told him about Claire. I told him about John Keats, Rupyard Kipling, Charles Dicken and I was only telling about that I've also started liking Jane Austen now that the car stopped.I still kept rambling and babbling away.

He turned towards me with a loop sided grin which i find really cute and said, "Well that's great."

"You weren't even listening properly! " I complained. However, I bit my lips fighting a smile.

"No, I love listening to your talks, Victoria. That's the main reason why I volunteered to drive you here." He said smiled at me a which made a bunch of butterflies release in my belly.

What the hell?

I may have started blushing. I need to control myself and keep my cool. I slapped my cheeks to make the hotness go away.

He opened my door like a gentlemen.

He was a gentlemen, a pure British gentlemen unless there is just one objection. His tattoos.

But I think we can totally overlook that unless there are more of them than the ones I saw on his wrists.

It was funny that he had parked his car at the same exact place where it was when we ran towards it two weeks ago.I raised my eyebrows at this but said nothing.

Were we again going to take the shortcut?

Of course we were. I mentally slapped myself.

We walked in the airport from the back door and all those scenes flashed in my mind like a tycoon.

I remembered myself sitting right there crying while Zayn held me and comforted me. I could see the check in where I was stopped by the security guard. The glass door through which I had seen Zayn and had shouted at him.

A tear escaped my eye and my heart started beating irregularly as we walked into the security office. The office where Zayn had gone to talk to the officer for me to help me ,to save me from getting prisoned.